Change default email wordpress@mydomain.com

Home Forums Gwangi – Dating & Matchmaking Community Theme Website Setup Forums Change default email wordpress@mydomain.com

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themosaurus 6 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Hello, I want to change all the default email form wordpress to my site email have chnage it under settings tab in my admin panel but no changes, I still receive new user mail from wp and also get the activation mail from wordpress. Moreover including the buddypress mail… Please help me out I need total change from wp mail to my site mail.

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

I want to change the subject from wordpress when it enter mail inbox to my site name

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1398 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @lovameet,

If you changed your admin email in Settings > General, as described under the “Email address” field, please make sure that you received the confirmation email and confirmed the change, otherwise your change will not take effect.

Then if you want to customize the sender name and sender address, you can use the CB Change Mail Sender plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/cb-change-mail-sender/). More info in the following article:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-change-sender-name-in-outgoing-wordpress-email/

As for the subject, please make sure that you changed the “Site Title” option in Settings > General

Regards,

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

I dont like plugin, is there any code to fix this? too much plugin make site heavy and slow

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Found this code helpful, thanks.

// Function to change email address

function wpb_sender_email( $original_email_address ) {
        return 'tim.smith@example.com';
    }

// Function to change sender name
    function wpb_sender_name( $original_email_from ) {
        return 'Tim Smith';
    }

// Hooking up our functions to WordPress filters 
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', 'wpb_sender_email' );
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from_name', 'wpb_sender_name' );

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1398 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @lovameet,

Glad you were able to find a code snippet to fix your issue. Thank you for sharing! 🙏

Also, please note that plugins don’t always make your website slower and the plugin we recommended probably contains the same code as the snippet you found. Although having a lot of “heavy” plugins will indeed make your site slower, so it is always good to be careful and not use too much.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Change default email wordpress@mydomain.com’ is closed to new replies.