How to reduces cover profile page and profile picture sizes like facebook

Home Forums Gwangi – Dating & Matchmaking Community Theme Website Setup Pages How to reduces cover profile page and profile picture sizes like facebook

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lova Meet 4 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Hello I want to reduces cover profile page and profile picture sizes like facebook, the default size for the cover page 1850 by 550 is too much and the profile picture 300 by 400 is not square canvas so the picture is stress and weird.

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1398 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @lovameet,

Unfortunately, the cover image size is defined within the theme and cannot be modified.

However, you can modify your profile picture size with this PHP code snippet:

define ( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH', 50 );
    define ( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT', 50 );
    define ( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH', 150 );
    define ( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT', 150 );

Don’t forget to change 50 with the size you want for the thumbnails, and change 150 with the size you want for the full image on profile pages.

As a reminder, if you need to find out how to add a PHP code snippet to your site, please visit this article of our documentation:

Adding Custom PHP Without Changing Your Child Theme

Regards,

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Thanks but the preview section dont make sense user can adjust their photo if it bigger or smaller than the default size. please help me out

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Please I check my site and yours now see that on your site users can preview the profile picture but on my site they cant.. Help me out

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Never mind I have fix it its jetpack that cause it I set it to be lazy load. Thanks

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Unfortunately, the cover image size is defined within the theme and cannot be modified. Please I will be glad if you help me out on the cover size I really appreciate the profile picture the site is now super b

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1398 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @lovameet,

Glad you were able to make it work with your profile picture 🙂

About the cover image, sorry but as we stated before this is defined in the theme and cannot be easily changed.

Theme customizations are paid services that are not part of the support we can provide for this item.

As stated by ThemeForest support policy, all the items you buy are quality checked by Envato. Any future update made available by the author is included with every purchase.

Item support includes:

• Availability of the author to answer questions
    • Answering technical questions about item’s features
    • Get assistance with reported bugs and issues
    • Help with included 3rd party assets

Item support does not include:

• Customization services
    • Installation services

For more, please read the ThemeForest item support policy:

https://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy

Finally, please be informed that we don’t provide any installation or customization work. We recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best regards,

Lova Meet
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @lovameet

Alright

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to reduces cover profile page and profile picture sizes like facebook’ is closed to new replies.