"Leave site?" Prompt When Uploading Image to Profile/Activity Stream (rtMedia)

Home Forums Gwangi – Dating & Matchmaking Community Theme Popular Features Activity Stream "Leave site?" Prompt When Uploading Image to Profile/Activity Stream (rtMedia)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier Cardoen 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant
    • 4 Posts
    @dbirch44

Hi there,

There is an issue occurring where when I upload an image using rtMedia to the activity stream (global or profile) when the image finishes uploading (but not posting) I’m getting a browser (Chrome) prompt saying “Leave site?” – then regardless of whether you click cancel or continue, the image doesn’t post.

This is not happening on the demo. I disabled all plugins, except BuddyPress & rtMedia and the issue was still happening. So I know it’s not a plugin conflict.

How can this be fixed? It’s incredibly annoying and unusable like this.

Thanks.

Daniel
    Participant
    • 4 Posts
    @dbirch44

PS: I’ve tried rtMedia versions 4.5.7 and 4.5.8 (latest) but same problem.

Olivier Cardoen
    Participant
    • 338 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @dbirch44,

Unfortunately, we have no clue. 🤷‍♂️

As this issue is related with the BuddyPress, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://buddypress.org/support/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Daniel
    Participant
    • 4 Posts
    @dbirch44

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your response, however this is theme related. I just changed to the default WordPress Twenty Nineteen and tried uploading an image in the same way and it worked fine. Then I switch back to Gwangi and the problem returns. It happens with both the parent and child theme. I can give you login details if you wish to try it yourself.

How can this be fixed?

Olivier Cardoen
    Participant
    • 338 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @dbirch44,

Yes, please. That’s a good idea. It’s very surprising that you’ve found this theme related but I’m will give this a check.

So, could you please create a new website user with administrator capabilities? This way, we can make a quick check of your settings also.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Cheers,

Daniel
    Participant
    • 4 Posts
    @dbirch44
    This reply has been marked as private.

Jean-Pascal
    Participant
    • 155 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @dbirch44,

After checking your site settings, we have found the problem and it does not seem to be related to the Gwangi theme.

We have modified two options:
    – Disable “Rtmedia direct upload” (so that the media not upload directly).
    – Disable “BP activity refresh”. Due to the configuration of some hosts (or some cache plugins), this setting can cause upload issues.

It’s now possible to upload media without page refresh :).

Best regards,

Daniel
    Participant
    • 4 Posts
    @dbirch44

Oh perfect! Thank you Jean, I really appreciate it. 🙂

Olivier Cardoen
    Participant
    • 338 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @dbirch44,

Glad to read that @themopteryx has been able to help you!

Cheers,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘"Leave site?" Prompt When Uploading Image to Profile/Activity Stream (rtMedia)’ is closed to new replies.