Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Front-end posting: advanced options

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Website Setup Posts Front-end posting: advanced options

This topic is resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello Themosaurus team!

We are using Social Articles to allow front-end publishing for our users but we encounter several limitations:

• Users can submit simple articles but can’t include inline images and media (except with link)
    • Categories to select don’t appear to have a hierarchy (apparently Social Article kept that functionality for their premium plugin)
    • Only one post format available. So if we want users to submit a video post type, we can’t (or I haven’t found how)

So we were thinking… is there a way to redirect users to the regular, back-end Gutenberg editing? So they can benefit from all the publishing options (but with some options hidden because of their role).

or is there a way to enhance Social Article capabilities?

Thanks a bunch, have a great sunny weekend! ??☀️

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @pilgrimteam,

Thanks again for creating separated topics for your questions. This is really helpful to keep our forums tidy and create a well-organized knowledge base! 🙂

Unfortunately, a recent plugin exists to give access to Gutenberg in the front-end but to me, it is not mature enough to be used in production:

FrontRom

There is also Front-End Editor from Scribu but it doesn’t seem to include the social aspect of Social Articles:

Front-end Editor

WP User Frontend seems interesting but its features are overlapping with other plugins already installed on your website as it handles membership and other things:

WP User Frontend – Membership, Profile, Registration & Post Submission Plugin for WordPress

https://wedevs.com/wp-user-frontend-pro/

Some plugins can make your dashboard accessible but they might require more tinkering to achieve what you’re looking for:

User-dashboard

Display WP Admin Pages in the Frontend – WP Frontend Admin

Frontend Dashboard

Finally, you can also use custom code to style your admin like your frontend and let users with limited edition rights access Gutenberg and edit their posts.

In summary, it is safe to say that you’re better of buying the premium version of Social Articles as it will end up save you more time/money than these other solutions.

Cheers,

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hey Olivier,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I took a look at all those links, thank you for suggesting so many different options!
    As some of these plugins are very old, and since my coding skills (besides CSS and HTML) aren’t exactly through the roof, I think I’ll consider buying the pro version of Social Articles if the need should arise.

I’ll keep an eye on that Frontrom plugin though!

Thx again!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Great! This is the safest bet. We will also keep an eye on Frontrom, we have big hopes for this plugin. 😉

Cheers,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Front-end posting: advanced options’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site