Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

500 Internal Server Error on The Backend Customize

This topic is resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @tzem10

Hello im having a problem at the back end… its not about the php settings… Appearance->Customize…

and generally everywhere there has the same problem…

it seems that the problem was made by Grimlock plugin

you can see my previous topic that you close it without fixing it

500 Internal Server Error on The Backend Customize

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @tzem10,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to read that this issue still not solved.

Please be aware that we did not close your topic deliberately. Any topic on our support forum will be closed automatically if the user didn’t post a reply within the 20 days. However, be sure we’ll do our best to help you! Don’t hesitate to come back to us if the solution we might give doesn’t work.

To allow us to help you as fast as possible, could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings. You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Then, thanks to the code snippet that you’ve added to your wp-config.php file, we should be able to read the error. Could you share the content of your debug.log file with us please? You can post the content of this file as plain text in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us. We look the logs you provided us in your previous topic, but we would like to make sure the error is the same.

Again, we’re really sorry for this inconvenient.

We’re waiting for your feedback.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi tzem10, 🙂

We’re still waiting for your credentials to investigate at your website.

Best,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi tzem10,

Can you please follow the steps mentioned in my first reply?

We’re waiting for your feedback to investigate on this issue.

Best,

Nikos Tzemanakis
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @tzem10
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nikos Tzemanakis
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @tzem10
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Tzem,

Thank you for your feedback.

We investigated to find from where this issue is coming from. However, the console error only shows the fact that your browser cannot perform its tasks (showing the Customizer) due to an internal server error (500), which we already know. You can check your logs, you will see that this issue is not recorded. For this reason, we believe that the theme or even every plugins on your website are not responsible.

Our best guess is that your website didn’t have enough allocated memory. But we know you have raised the memory limit by adding those two lines of code in your wp-config.php:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );

However, it looks like that still didn’t fix the “500 internal server error” in the Customizer which means that error must have a different cause. The problem now is that there isn’t anymore meaningful error that could give us a clue to find the cause of this issue, all that’s left are harmless warnings and notices. Once again, this leads us to believe there might be an issue with the server itself.

Knowing this, my advice would be to contact your hosting provider and explain that you have an internal server error but no PHP error and ask them if they can help you. They might tell you that the issue is related to the theme. In fact, we believe that there is a task performed by the theme that your server cannot handle. However, it seems we can’t do anything because it is the server that needs to be adjusted. If they try redirecting you to us, please ask them to provide the Apache logs for us so that we can take a look at those.

If you would like, you can also try to install your website using a different hosting provider to see if the problem is the same, as that would be a good way to find out if the issue is caused by your current host.

Hope this helps,

Nikos Tzemanakis
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @tzem10

i think that this is not the problem … as you can see the memory limit was already set

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Tzem,

Thank you for the screenshot. Indeed, we knew you have raised the memory limit. It means that error must have a different cause.

Can you confirm me you reach your host provider as I told you in my previous reply?

Best,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Tzem,

We’re glad to inform you that another user found the solution. It seems to be related to a ModSecurity Setting on Plesk Server:

500 Error in Customizr only on Homepage

We hope this will help you solve this.

Best,

Nikos Tzemanakis
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @tzem10

All my work is gone… i think that this happened from your side… maybe you changed something….

although we tried this sollution and solved the problem…

can you check what happened ?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Tzem,

I’m glad to read this issue is now fixed. 🙂

We’re sorry to read your work is gone. Please be aware that we only deactivating plugins in order to make some tests. We just went on your website, but all seems to work correctly. Can you please tell us if some content are still missing?

In that case, we apologize and we suggest you to restore a backup. Note that I told you this in my first reply in this topic:

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Cheers,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error on The Backend Customize’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site