Add Hero Widget to other pages

Home Forums Gwangi – Dating & Matchmaking Community Theme Feature Requests Add Hero Widget to other pages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themosaurus 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bola
    Participant
    • 2 Posts
    @bolatheme

First, I would like to commend the Gwangi developers for a job well done. And would like to request for the ability to add the Hero widget to other pages other than just the homepage. I would like the Hero widget to be on a page that users visit after they register, and not on the frontpage of the site, as only members can search other members. Thank you. I would therefore like to hide the Hero from the homepage.

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1225 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @bolatheme,

Thank you very much for the kind words. We really appreciate! 😉

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to display the Hero on another page as it will only appear on the page with “Homepage Template” set as “Homepage” in the “Settings > Reading”.

However, you can add any section widget to your widgetized pages. For more about widgetized pages, please read the following post:

Creating Widgetized Pages

Grimlock Section widgets are simpler than the Hero but they’re based on the same principles and have similar styling options. Using those, you can create new landing pages to showcase marketing content very easily.

You can also create restricted landing pages including the directory search form. Just add the following shortcode as description text in a section widget:

You're Looking for...<br />
    [bps_display form=204 template=members/bps-form-home]

This should display the wanted search form in your restricted page.

We hope this will help you. 🙂

Best regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.