Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Age and city not displayed anymore on members directory and swap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

Hello dear Gwangi masters,

I come back to you with a question:
    In the member directory, I used to see the members cards with member’s picture, login, age and city.
    Now, I only see the picture and the name. Age and city are not displayed anymore.

As I was focused on other things, I don’t know when it’s happened. Maybe after the last custom work by the MeshPros team, maybe after the last Gwangi update….

Can you help me?

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

I just received the answer fromMeshPros:
    “It could be the last Gwangi update or some setting change because the tasks we had didn’t interfere with the profile fields.”

I don’t understand why age and city aren’t displayed as each member has data for this fields.

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @gillesderon,

To change which profile fields are being displayed in your members cards, you can go to Appearance > Customize > BuddyPress, open the “Members” tab and change the “Members Displayed Profile Fields” setting. You can see that in action in this article of our documentation:

Show BuddyPress Fields in Members Cards

Can you please check that setting and see if your Age and City fields are still enabled there ?

Best regards,

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

Hi Jason,

Yes, Age, City and even Country are enabled in the backoffice but not displayed in front-side as you can see on the picture.

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @gillesderon,

Can you please check the following:

– Are these profile fields displayed correctly in the profile itself ?
    – Are all your plugins up to date, especially all the “Grimlock” plugins ?
    – Do you have the Grimlock for BuddyPress plugin installed ?

Regards,

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @gillesderon,

Thank you for the info. The problem could indeed be coming from the custom work from MeshPros, maybe as a consequence of the latest Gwangi update.

Here are some informations that you can forward to MeshPros that could help them resolve the issue:

We recently moved all the BuddyPress templates from Gwangi to our Grimlock for BuddyPress plugin. These templates can now be found in grimlock-buddypress/templates/ in the plugin. Some of these templates had some changes made to them, so if these templates are overridden (in a child theme for example) they need to be updated with the latest changes. More specifically, the gwangi_buddypress_member_xprofile_custom_fields hook has been renamed to grimlock_buddypress_member_xprofile_custom_fields in consequence to this migration of templates which may be why the profile fields don’t work anymore if there are some “outdated” overrides in a child theme.
    The profile fields are hooked to this grimlock_buddypress_member_xprofile_custom_fields hook so it is important to make sure these are called in the concerned templates.

Hope this can help resolve this issue!

Best regards,

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick reaction.

I transmitted your info to the MeshPros Team.

Thank you again.

Best,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site