Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Age Range Slider UI

This topic is resolved

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan
    Up
    ::

Hi

Can you please consider to have Age range as slider instead of select box or input value.
    That’s the most ergonomic way to choose a range, especially on smartphone.
    Example : https://prnt.sc/pcumbq

David BDJ
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 47 Posts
    @billdjango

I say Yes. How to vote for a feature request ???

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan, @billdjango,

Thank you for your great feedback. ?
    It would be indeed very nice as it would massively improve the homepage form and the search UX.

However, please note that your feature request is related with the improvement of a third party plugin, not our theme. As theme authors, feature development for third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide.

As this issue is related with the BP Profile Search, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more suited to take charge of this request.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @billdjango,

By showing interest for the feature and posting reply, like you just did.
    We like to keep conversations going regarding feature requests as it allow us to ask users exactly how they see the suggested feature. ?

Our forum is a living and breathing thing. We’ve chosen this format instead of plain old polls.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Hi @themosaurusrex

I already did before posting this feature request

You can see my post and answer from Andrea on this link https://wordpress.org/support/topic/age-range-slider/

What does BP SEARCH FORM do to implement this feature ?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@johan, almost everything. It finds the xProfile fields set in BuddyPress settings and create fields for its search forms. Our theme applies the same styles applied to WooCommerce and other forms for visual coherence.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Hi @themosaurusrex

I have requested Andrea (BP Profile Search) about age range slider, here’s his answer
    Apparently there is no need to make any change at plugin level to have age range slider, it can be done in form template

If you look at the default form template (file bp-profile-search/templates/members/bps-form-default.php), the age range is implemented in lines 121-123.

The min and max values are sent to the server as ‘field_4_age_range[min]’ and ‘field_4_age_range[max]’ (replace 4 with the field ID of your field).

If you edit the template to implement a different UI, that’s fine, as long as you send the min and max values with the same name. No changes are needed to the plugin itself.

Please note that Gwangi provide their own BP Profile Search form templates, so you may want to edit those instead.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan,

Thank you for sharing this info with us.

We will implement this feature if other community members upvote this request.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to Gwangi!

Best regards,

David BDJ
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 47 Posts
    @billdjango

I vote for this feature !!!

LALLEMAND
    Participant
    • 19 Topics
    • 54 Posts
    @icharme

Yes could be nice.

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

I also vote for this.

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe

It’s a go-go for me also 😉

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi,

Thank you for your feedbacks, since this feature seems to be pretty popular, I will bring it up to the team and see if we can add this to our roadmap soon 🙂

I will keep you updated here.

Regards,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi,

We have recently released an update of Grimlock for BuddyPress (v 1.4.2) that includes this feature. Updating this plugin to the latest version should add it to your website.

After the update, any integration problems should be fixed. However, you might still be seeing an issue because your browser cache is showing you an older version of the page (browsers do that to load pages faster). To see that the issue is resolved you will need to empty your browser cache and reload the page. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you:
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cache-2617980

Kindest regards,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Age Range Slider UI’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site