Age Range Slider UI

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jason 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Johan
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @johan

Hi

Can you please consider to have Age range as slider instead of select box or input value.
    That’s the most ergonomic way to choose a range, especially on smartphone.
    Example : https://prnt.sc/pcumbq

Bill Django
    Participant
    • 47 Posts
    @billdjango

I say Yes. How to vote for a feature request ???

Olivier
    • 1801 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

Hi @johan, @billdjango,

Thank you for your great feedback. 🙏
    It would be indeed very nice as it would massively improve the homepage form and the search UX.

However, please note that your feature request is related with the improvement of a third party plugin, not our theme. As theme authors, feature development for third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide.

As this issue is related with the BP Profile Search, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more suited to take charge of this request.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Olivier
    • 1801 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

Hi @billdjango,

By showing interest for the feature and posting reply, like you just did.
    We like to keep conversations going regarding feature requests as it allow us to ask users exactly how they see the suggested feature. 🙂

Our forum is a living and breathing thing. We’ve chosen this format instead of plain old polls.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @johan

Hi @themosaurusrex

I already did before posting this feature request

You can see my post and answer from Andrea on this link https://wordpress.org/support/topic/age-range-slider/

What does BP SEARCH FORM do to implement this feature ?

Olivier
    • 1801 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

@johan, almost everything. It finds the xProfile fields set in BuddyPress settings and create fields for its search forms. Our theme applies the same styles applied to WooCommerce and other forms for visual coherence.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 57 Posts
    @johan

Hi @themosaurusrex

I have requested Andrea (BP Profile Search) about age range slider, here’s his answer
    Apparently there is no need to make any change at plugin level to have age range slider, it can be done in form template

If you look at the default form template (file bp-profile-search/templates/members/bps-form-default.php), the age range is implemented in lines 121-123.

The min and max values are sent to the server as ‘field_4_age_range[min]’ and ‘field_4_age_range[max]’ (replace 4 with the field ID of your field).

If you edit the template to implement a different UI, that’s fine, as long as you send the min and max values with the same name. No changes are needed to the plugin itself.

Please note that Gwangi provide their own BP Profile Search form templates, so you may want to edit those instead.

Olivier
    • 1801 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

Hi @johan,

Thank you for sharing this info with us.

We will implement this feature if other community members upvote this request.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to Gwangi!

Best regards,

Bill Django
    Participant
    • 47 Posts
    @billdjango

I vote for this feature !!!

LALLEMAND
    Participant
    • 26 Posts
    @icharme

Yes could be nice.

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 66 Posts
    @gillesderon

I also vote for this.

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 64 Posts
    @pragmacafe

It’s a go-go for me also 😉

Jason
    • 343 Posts
    @themoceratops
    Themosaurus Support

Hi,

Thank you for your feedbacks, since this feature seems to be pretty popular, I will bring it up to the team and see if we can add this to our roadmap soon 🙂

I will keep you updated here.

Regards,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.