Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Alerts appear twice on profile pages

This topic is resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello again,

We have noticed that when we make changes on our user’s profile (for instance marking a notification as “read”), the info-alert is displayed twice, once above and once below the content. We would like to see if there is a way to disable the one below the content?

Thanks a lot!

The pilgrim team

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@pilgrimteam Of course there is! Some simple CSS lines could remove this from your screen. However, are you sure that you want to hide this. Some user might have very long lists or notifications and they won’t be able to understand the changes made if the top of their list is not also displayed. Best example, on mobile web browsers.

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hehe I didn’t think about it from this point of view. Since we’ve been testing with profiles that don’t have a lot of content, it was just a lot of colours in one place. I think I’ll remove it using CSS then (most of our users are middle aged ppl that are afraid of too much content, too many colors, too much information and will never use their smartphone to edit their profile).

Though since it’s twice the same element, with the same class, I’m a bit confused as how to target the element.
    I was thinking of using a direct child selector “>” since one of the alerts (the one above that I want to keep) is wrapped in a div and wouldn’t be targeted. But it’s maybe not the easiest way?

If you have any advice to offer I’ll gladly take it, but no sweat if you can’t provide this kind of customizations, I understand!

Thanks for your help, and have a great day!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@pilgrimteam I totally get it. If you wish to use some CSS to hide it from your page, you can use the sibling selector ~. This will work for element that have the same parent, but don’t directly follow each other in the DOM. For more on this, please read the following post:

Understand ‘+’, ‘>’ and ‘~’ symbols in CSS Selector

Unfortunately, you’re correct. We’re part of the very few theme authors that don’t offer any customization work, even paid. We only share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Totally cool. Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a try!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome. ?

Cheers,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alerts appear twice on profile pages’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site