Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Allowing users to create "Author" profiles and post

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Gorgo – Multi-Purpose Gutenberg Blog & Magazine Theme Website Setup Posts Allowing users to create "Author" profiles and post

This topic is resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99

I think I’m missing something about how this works. When users register, they all register the same way. There are no options to create an author profile or become an author. Moreover, some users have the “Post Article” on their profile drop down menu but it does not work.

How do users become an author allowing them to post articles?

As your documentation states, I have the social articles plugin installed and it is activated. See attached.

Yet still if someone registers they cannot post articles and are NOT considered authors?? They DO NOT show up on the website as an author and cannot post? It seems all users who register show up as a “subscriber”.

What am I missing? Where are these options located? How do users choose what type of profile they want to create? How do authors become authors, thus allowing them to post?

Thank you!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6266 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @brains99,

Thanks for getting in touch! We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer shortly. 🙂

We really thank you for your patience!

In the meantime, feel free to check out our documentation resources for more help:

FAQ & Support Documentation

Kind regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6266 Posts
    @themodactyl

We wrote a tutorial in our documentation about this. To find out more, please click the following link:

My users cannot create posts in front-end

If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics.

We remain available for all matters related with our theme!

Cheers,

Mike
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99

Hi,

I just want to make sure I understand. Are you saying that the only way for a user to become an author is, “after” they signup, I then have to access the CMS, find them and then ‘manually’ make everyone an author myself? For every single user that joins the website?

Is that what you’re saying? If so, Look, truly, I really appreciate all you help here. But that really kinda doesn’t make sense, my friend. I’m a bit surprised you would think that’s an appropriate way to run a social website. It is what it is I guess.??

Do you happen to know if I would be able to do this properly and allow users to “choose” wether or not they will be an author when they register? Is that even possible at all? Can I pay you to program/code that in for me?

Thanks again.

Mike
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99

Just a note here. Please don’t take this as me not being happy with the theme or your help. I am happy with the theme and your assistance. I only want this to make sense and to be done properly.

I’m thinking, what would happen if the website becomes popular, which is the whole point, right? I would have to spend a lot of time every single day manually turning everyone into an author. There just needs to be a better and more appropriate way, is all I’m saying about this.

I’m really just trying to help you make this a good theme.

Thanks again.

Mike
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99

If you’d like, I’m happy to pay the typical Envato annual support fee to you now, in exchange for the basic support that you’re providing. Just letting you know.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6266 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @brains99,

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion. 🙂

This is standard behavior with WordPress, actually. Our theme doesn’t have any responsibilities for this.

Changing this is considered customization work. Unfortunately, this is a service that we do not provide.

We only share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you hire a freelancer to do it for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Note that for all users already registered on your website, you have to change the role manually, but you don’t have to make it one by one. Please find the attached screenshot to help you make this quickly. This operation is specific to wordpress and not our theme. Moreover, the article I sent you in my previous answer explains how to assign the role of “editor” by default to all new registrations. 🙂

I hope my answer will help you.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Allowing users to create "Author" profiles and post’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site