Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Author on articles is not showing

This topic is resolved

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam
    Up
    ::

Hello Themosaurus team!

I come with a small issue, perhaps its right there in front of our eyes but we havent been able to find it: The authors box at the end of each article (attached screenshot on your demo). Normally we have it already selected on the Customizing ▸ Posts
    Single Post, but is just not showing (attached screenshot).
    Are we missing something else to make this feature visible?

We appreciate your support on this!

Cheers!

Andrea
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 133 Posts
    @youfriend

Hi @pilgrimteam

to appear you need to insert a biography info for each author

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello again, is there a way to insert this bio via the registration or the front-end profile?
    Thanks!

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello Andrea,

I’ve just added the bio and it still doesn’t work. Could it be something else?? Thanks very much for the quick answer on this.

Team pilgrim.

Andrea
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 133 Posts
    @youfriend

HEllo @pilgrimteam,

have you installed new plugins? Try to disable them.

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

We have installed a LOT of plugins, it wouldn’t be recomendable for us to turn them off now we need all of them for the profile, for the profile we used “Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress”. Normally all plugins were compatible with buddypress.

Do you have any suggestion about how to make it work? or what could it be?

Thank you!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@pilgrimteam, @youfriend Thank you for discussing this issue. You’ve shed light on a missing key feature from both BuddyPress and WordPress. It seems like the “Biographical Info” from WordPress doesn’t appear in BuddyPress. The one imported with our demo has been custom made with BP xProfile fields but it is registered as a WordPress field and thus does not fill the role of completing the author’s bio we see under the posts.

For more about this, please read also:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/buddypress-bio-integration/
    https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/41674/buddypress-user-bio-in-profile
    https://commonsinabox.org/groups/help-support/forum/topic/how-to-display-biographical-info-field-in-buddypress-profile/

I took the liberty to move your topic to the Feature Requests forum, in which we store and discuss integration or feature addition with our community.

We will implement this feature in a future release, unless someone finds a plugin providing this feature that we could support with our theme. No release date can be disclosed yet as we have a lot to work on.

We’ll keep you informed.

Thank you both very much for contributing to your theme!

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello Olivier,

Great to know! We will be waiting for that update.
    In the meantime, could you maybe share what configuration you used to make this possible in your demo? I would love to be able to show some kind of author box at the bottom of the articles. It doesn’t even have to be the bio, but at least the name, link to the profile and maybe some other custom profile fields (country, university, etc)?

I guess there are a lot of plugins that can do that however as we said before we’re drowning in plugins already, and in order to not create further compatibility issues, if there is a functionality in your theme, we’d rather use it 😉

Thanks a lot for your work!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@pilgrimteam As I mentioned above, the “Biographical Info” imported with our demo has been custom made with BP xProfile fields. It does not fill the role of completing the author’s bio we see under the posts, which -I understand- can seem misleading. This is the reason why we’ll correct this by creating this feature in some future update.

In the meantime, I recommend that you either create your own field and ask your member to copy and paste the content, or implement this with custom coding. Those are unfortunately the only solutions if you’re in a hurry to solve this. ?

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Thanks for the explanation! ??
    Cheers,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @pilgrimteam!

Great news! We have just released a new update of Grimlock for BuddyPress v 1.3.5. Updating this plugin to the latest version should provide the feature that you were looking for.

You can now create a new xProfile field (only text areas) and link it to the author bio. Both fields should be in sync after you’ve check the required box. (Please see attached.)

We’re curious to read your feedback! I hope that this will make the trick for you! 🙂

Andrea
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 133 Posts
    @youfriend

Hey Oliver, i can only 1 time change the bio-info from profile, then I have to go to the backend to edit it

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @youfriend,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your contribution. 🙂

Regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @youfriend,

We’re sorry, we don’t have this issue with our demo.

Can you confirm that the case “Synchronize this field with the author bio” is still checked?

Best,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Author on articles is not showing’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site