08/09/2018 at 10:12 #2023
PLEASE, vote, if I suggest logic changes into the theme.
@themosaurus, you have a good member profile page in your theme.
But I think, we can improve it. Or make it as option.
1. Could we add user description in one row with avatar?
Because now, it’s very big space of unused space.
2. Could we add custom quick tabs for each user?
3. Could we make the avatar full-size in mobile view?
4. User profile description in mobile view can be the next: row description under row name is better for mobile view. (we can make it like option: new and old type of view)
5. Could we replace image avatars with video avatars?
We should beat your competitor, who doesn’t want to improve his theme.
cometitor theme sweet date10/09/2018 at 14:08 #2043
Thank you for your amazing feedback! You’re awesome!
Well indeed, who doesn’t want Gwangi to make even better than the great theme that is Sweet Date? 😀
1) You’re right this space might be used more efficiently. You’ve provided interesting ideas to fill this void and we’re discussing it with our theme developers. We’re also interested in what other community members are thinking about this UX changes.
2) Yes, that would be indeed very useful. This feature will need Customizer options to let each site owner decide which content to show and also, whether these tabs need to be displayed or not. We could start by showing with user description and/or base xprofile fields.
What content do you wish to display also?
3) Do you wish to make the mobile user avatar size more similar the card displayed on the members directory?
4) We understood your request and have considered it a mobile visual bug. So, this will be fixed in an upcoming update. The follow-up for this feature will be done in this topic:
5) Yes, that would be nice. Do you know any plugin that could support this feature? Is MediaPress provided this feature? Is that integration already implemented in Sweet Date?
Once again, thank you for contributing to Gwangi! We hope more members will upvote your interesting request.
All the best,10/09/2018 at 15:39 #2044
It’s great. I think it will be great, if you collect all suggestions in on poll-page for voting.
5) No, no one makes this feature nowadays.
It can be just embed video, I think.11/09/2018 at 14:13 #2068
You’re right and we’re looking for new ways to improve the support website. A poll page or a better way for people to upvote their favorite features is our priority. We might create a like button to make the feature request polling/voting process easier.
And in the near future, we will also create some kind of “Activity” page to inform all Gwangi community members of the upcoming changes and new features. This will help everybody to follow what our developers are currently working on and what’s about to be released.
5) OK. We need to look for a plugin to do this or an easy way to embed the video URL/file.
Do you have an opinion on the other questions that we have raised?
Cheers,13/09/2018 at 16:23 #2204
- 9 Posts
I agree on most of this.
The profile space can be use to show either a field that can be selected (ex. biography), stats etc.
i’m not sure about the video avatars though. But why not gif avatars?14/09/2018 at 16:21 #2252
Thank you for supporting this request.
We’re looking to use this empty space to show (some kind of) tabs. Those might let you display both the description and some extended fields from the user profile, which is more similar to what Sweet Date is showing.
Yes, gif avatars might also be a nice alternative that we could consider. Thank you for your suggestion.
All the best,22/09/2018 at 10:11 #2463
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.