Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

BP PayPal integration

This topic is resolved

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 81 Topics
    • 259 Posts
    @abourne
    Up
    ::

https://www.gumtree.com.au/

Just as Gumtree and ebay offer, some sort of PayPal integration between members would be awesome.

Here’s some info on the UX if you decide to pursue it:

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-pay-for-my-gumtree-purchases-using-paypal-faq3551

Allowing BP members to exchange would facilitate a far greater range of used-cases.

Cheers

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @abourne,

Thank you for bring this concern to our attention. Maybe these plugins might help you to create a similar feature:

They don’t allow to recreate exactly the Gumtree platform but they will allow members to create their own selling space, sell goods and charge money.

Is that what you were looking for?

Thanks.

alex
    Participant
    • 81 Topics
    • 259 Posts
    @abourne

Thanks for these fantastic suggestions.

Multivendor is precisely what I am looking for – yes

The concept I’m considering is similar to Fiverr’s business model – allowing vendors to list multiple offerings.

Importantly is ability to monetise site by being a transaction mechanism between vendors and customers, to impose withdrawal limits, lodge coupons etc etc.

Quite familiar with WCMP above all else. However, they do not integrate/syncronise with BuddyPress.

I’m aware of themes which create for another tab in BP profiles which is where ‘Products’ can be made to appear.

They provide many hooks/filters but is beyond my sphere of expertise.

WC Lovers/Themekraft has integrations to do exactly as intended, however, BuddyForms Professionals + WC Vendors Pro are requisites…… costing an arm and a leg…

https://themekraft.com/products/bp-wc-vendors/

Appreciate your links,
    Cheers

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @abourne,

Thank you for starting the conversation about multivendor e-commerce websites! ?

We’ve been considering to integrate a plugin with our theme and we’re still looking for the best one. The major players are all listed above and show very similar features. Some seems to have more than others, like Dokan and WC Vendors. For a more detailed comparisons, please read the following posts:

Best WooCommerce Multi Vendor Plugin For WordPress

Dokan vs WC Vendor Pro: Which Should You Buy?

Compare

These posts need to be taken with a grain of salt as they’ve all been written by weDevs, the Dokan authors…

To us, WC Vendors (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-vendors/) seems to be the better fit for Gwangi, and for few reasons:
    – Pretty popular with 10.000+ active installations;
    – Well maintained by its authors with recent updates and recent commits made on their Github account (https://github.com/wcvendors/wcvendors);
    – Integrates very well with BuddyPress thanks to ThemeKraft plugins:

BP WC Vendors

Contact – Registration – Post Form Builder & FrontEnd Editor BuddyForms – Making WordPress Forms A Breeze

WooCommerce BuddyPress Integration

The big drawback here is the price. And you’re right, when combined with ThemeKraft plugin license costs, it creates a very pricey bundle in the end…

However, the good news is that every plugin is available for free in its light version and everybody could test run their multivendor website with a limited number of features and scale from there by bringing the pro features once the website is starting to make more members.

We will plan this integration for sure and make this a top priority if more community members upvote your request.

Regards,

alex
    Participant
    • 81 Topics
    • 259 Posts
    @abourne

Appreciate the useful information you’ve shared.

I agree – WC Vendors is most appropriate for the BP integrations available – given that Gwangi is a community focused theme. Seems to wed well, comparative to other providers.

I have extensive experience with WCMP, but is quite restricted in lending to any sort of ‘community’ aspect. It’s strictly for proper transactional trade and exchange.

You mention that WC Vendors is free for basic features – yes. However the one core plugin I desire is BP WC Vendors https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-wc-vendors/ which depends on the Pro version.

If only they could offer some sort of trial at least for basic features!

Maybe with Gwangi negotiating power, a deal could be sought to integrate with it. Given Gwangi’s niche community focused themes, I think some arrangement would benefit them to have more exposure for this specific plugin. Especially cause they only have 300 downloads for it, and surely they’d want more distribution via theme integrations partners.

Cheers

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Yes, we could try to reach them. We’re not sure that they will agree but if we increase our sales, they might too. It’s a win-win situation…

Thank you for this great idea. ?

We’ll keep you informed of their reply.

Regards,

alex
    Participant
    • 81 Topics
    • 259 Posts
    @abourne

🙂

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Alex,

We have recently released a new update that includes the compatibility with WC Vendors Marketplace plugin. Updating your theme and plugins to the latest version should add it to your website.

After the update, any integration problems should be fixed. However, you might still be seeing an issue because your browser cache is showing you an older version of the page (browsers do that to load pages faster). To see that the issue is resolved you will need to empty your browser cache and reload the page. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you:
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cache-2617980

Kindest regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BP PayPal integration’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site