Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Buddypress compatibility issue

This topic is resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @bobbybizzle1989

Hi there,

Purchased the gwangi theme- love it!

Just a few issues I have noticed.

I have updated everything to the latest and the homepage doesn’t display the buddypress search form anymore > so I check the user>profile search and there’s this message “members/bps-form-directory
    outdated custom template located in: themes/gwangi/buddypress/”

Also, forgot your password link to email, just redirects you to log in page and no option to reset the password…

Aren’t these things supposed to be fixed?

Many thanks,

Rob Deighton
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @bobbybizzle1989
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rob Deighton
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @bobbybizzle1989

Hello,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @bobbybizzle1989,

We’re sorry for the late reply. ?

The “City”, “Country” and “Age” field displayed on our demo are only available if you use our generated fields. From the screenshot you’ve shared with us, I think that this step might have been skipped. This might be the reason why your search forms are not displaying correctly and why the fields seems to be missing from the member card.

As described in our setup guide (https://doc.themosaurus.com/finishing-buddypress-setup/), you can generate the default fields by a single click. Only these are the ones that are displayed on member lists and member profile.

If these are not showing on your member directory, the values might be simply have been left empty. However, if these fields are not showing in the admin, it seems that you might have skipped some steps from the setup guide. It’s best to complete every step before going to next otherwise some imports will be broken, like your homepage and directory search forms, for instance.

To solve this, you need to go first to your BuddyPress settings and finish its setup:

Finishing BuddyPress Setup

This step will help you to generate all the missing profile fields.

Your next step will be re-save your homepage and directory search forms.
    We use BP Profile Search (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/) to showcase the profile search feature on our demos.
    You can edit the homepage search form by visiting “Users > Profile Search” in your dashboard, where you will find every existing profile search forms.
    Just edit your forms and click “Save” without changing anything.

Finally, you can test by adding some values to these fields for your test members.

It should solve your issue.

To learn more about BP Profile Search forms, please read also the following posts:

Add new fields to homepage search form

My profile search form seems to be broken

Best,

Rob Deighton
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @bobbybizzle1989

HI Olivier Cardoen,

I think the problem is that the template parts that are supplied with Gwangi theme don’t actually work.

BP profile search earlier versions work fine, but as you know when you update the plugin – the template parts are too old.

1. The steps you have provided, have been done and it doesn’t work.
    2. Also there’s an error with the font awesome in the Gwangi theme as all of the icons do not display.
    3. Forgot password with Login with Ajax do not work and just redirects you to the login page.

I did send you a private message on this thread with login details to see for yourself that the gwangi template is not fixed.

Thanks,

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @bobbybizzle1989,

1. The homepage search form is now fixed. This one must have the “bps-form-home” template. The template “bps-form-directory” makes the form hidden by default like on your members directory. The warning notice (outdated custom template…) is only there for information purposes. Everything is 100% functional. We have already planned to update it to remove this notice.

2. All seems fine with the fonts files. By checking the CSS file loaded by your child theme (Gwangi Youth) you can notice that some parts are missing. Try to upload again the style files of the child theme (style.css + style-rtl.css). Maybe it’s due to an upload problem on your FTP?

3. If you talk about the redirection following the link in your mailbox, this is the default behaviour of WordPress. Login with Ajax sends you an email, but then it sends you back to the WP change password screen. In my opinion, this topic (https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/redirecting-to-registration-login-page-with-recaptcha/) could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Rob Deighton
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @bobbybizzle1989

Thank you for the feedback and the link to the discussion.

I have re-downloaded the gwangi theme from Themeforest and I opened the css file (before uploading to FTP) and I noticed the CSS file doesn’t have content: “”; – I think the theme files are broken on Themeforest and that’s why they do not work – OR – you’re referencing old font-awesome css in these files….

Rob Deighton
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @bobbybizzle1989
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @bobbybizzle1989,

We have checked all the files in the Gwangi Themeforest package and everything seems ok to us.
    Moreover, such an error would have been reported to us by dozens of users!

We have override the CSS file of your child theme and everything seems ok with the icons now. We also noticed that your file did not have the right number of lines (missing code). Maybe an issue during FTP transfer?

Best regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Buddypress compatibility issue’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site