Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Buddypress Groups Sidebar Widget

This topic is resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

Hello!

I’m not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this, but as it seems my issue technically encompasses two different buddypress groups sidebar widgets, I’ll start here.

I am putting a buddypress groups sidebar widget in sidebar 2.

My first choice was the standard Buddypress Groups widget because I like the presentation of it. However, the secondary buttons are not displaying correctly. The secondary button text is not present (see screenshot: gw1.) When I hover over the primary button, it returns the correct values (see screen shot: gw2).

Additionally, when I hover over the secondary buttons, it returns the link value color = primary button background color, and not the text color defined in the secondary buttons customizer. The value I have defined in appearance -> buttons ->secondary -> text = black. (see screenshot gw3).

I don’t know if this a theme control issue, or if the standard buddypress group widget is designed to manipulate the theme values this way.

Anyway, so I thought, well, I’ll try the Grimlock Buddypress Group Widget. The problem with that one is the minimum layout is three columns, and it doesn’t fit within my sidebar (see gw4).

One or another, I would resolve this problem. I prefer the display of the standard Buddypress widget, but I’ll use the Grimlock widget if there is a way to make it fit or mimic the display (more or less) of the other buddypress widget.

Any help will be appreciated!

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

P.S. The attached screenshots here are the the settings I have defined in appearance -> buttons

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Can you please try the following snippet?

/**
    * FIX: Set Color to Filters for Groups Query
    */
    .buddypress .item-options, #groups-list-options, #members-list-options, #friends-list-options, #bp-group-rating-list-options, #bp-member-rating-list-options{
    	color:#fff;
    }

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you paste it to the Custom CSS panel of your WordPress Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS”.
    Pasting your code snippet there should do the trick for you.

Also, it’s important to remember that we share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you require customization work.

Regards,

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

That did the trick! Thanks for being awesome 🙂

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

You’re welcome Michael!

I’m glad we were able to help you. 🙂

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buddypress Groups Sidebar Widget’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site