Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Can’t type in a new forum-title

This topic is resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @chanssen

Hi,
    I am not able to type in a title for a new forum-topic. The cursor is active in all fields but not in the field for the title. Any ideas what’s wrong?
    Thanks for your help,
    Christoph

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @chanssen,

My best guess is that your issue might probably caused by some conflicting third party plugin or some extra code snippet as we don’t encounter this issue with our demos.

Could you deactivate all plugins that have not been installed with your theme during its setup and all existing custom PHP code snippets please? And then, could you confirm me that the issue is still persisting please?

Please also make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date. Finally, you could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further.

Thank you.

Christoph
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @chanssen

Thanks for your quick response!

By deactivation of the plugins I found out that the plugins “Grimlock” and “Grimlock for bbPress” are not compatible. If both plugins are activated at the same time it is impossible to give a new topic a title. Are you able to fix that?
    It’s a completely new installation of your theme so I did not have the possibility to check the compatibility of the plugins beforehand. And I do not find an older version of “Grimlock for bbPress” to download – maybe this would help for the moment?

Thanks for your help,
    Christoph

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your feedback @chanssen. 🙂

It’s best if we take a quick look at this…

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Christoph
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @chanssen
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @chanssen,

Thank you for granting us access to your WP Admin.

We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @chanssen,

Further investigations have confirmed that Grimlock for bbPress seems to be preventing to edit the title field on your website. We have deactivated all unnecessary plugins and the issue remains. However, I have installed a brand new demo with all default plugins and new forums, and I have been able to successfully fill the field and add my new topic. (Please see attached.)

Our conclusion is that is might be related with the WP installation or its content. If something went wrong during the import, it’s recommended to address the issue right now as it might lead to other problems in the future.

In this case, we really suggest to use the setup wizard to install the theme, as it will programmatically do every steps for you, if and only if, that’s possible for you.

You can easily reset your WordPress database using WP Reset (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/) and start fresh with our setup wizard.

Regards,

Christoph
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @chanssen

Hi Oliver,
    thanks a lot for your detailed trouble-shooting! For the installation of Cera we used the wizard, but not for a brandnew installation: it is impossible for us to reset the installation. We use the theme for our intranet which exists for many years now…
    I deactivated Grimlock for bbPress – now the design is not as elegant as it was before, but everything works. We would be glad if there is another solution than resetting the database. Maybe I will give it a second try if I find the time. If it works I will let you know.

Thanks for your help & all the best,
    Christoph

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your feedback @chanssen.

I’m glad to read that @themosaurusrex has been able to help you to understand the source of this issue.

We hope you’ll be able to resolve this.

Best,

Christoph
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @chanssen

Just to let you know: The latest update of Grimlock for bbPress (to Version 1.1.3 ) fixed the issue. Everything is working just fine. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @chanssen,

We thank you for your feedback! We’re glad that everything’s working fine now. 🙂

Cheers,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can’t type in a new forum-title’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site