Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Category Filter

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka
    Up
    ::

Hi There 🙂

First, Thanks for the great theme. Overall, very happy with it!

If I could make one small (maybe nit-picky) suggestion, it would be the ability to exclude categories from the category filter on the blog page.

For example, I am also working Buddypress on my site, and the category filter presents my Youzify media files as a category on the blog page. It also presents my parent category which is redundant given then presences of the “All” filter button that is already there.

Now, if there is already a way to do this, I haven’t been able to find it, and I’m all ears!! I also recognize I can create a blog template and use a plugin like Category Ajax Filter, but hey, I absent this issue, I really like how the blog is laid out with Gwangi 🙂

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Michael,

Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue. You can also share the link of the page so we can take a look.

Thank you.

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

Sure thing.

Two screens attached. On shows the categories defined in admin -> Posts -> Categories. I have re-named both the un-catagorized and Youzify categories for display purposes. I also have not defined a parent category.

So, the blog page screen shows the blog page display with the filter. For example, I would like to exclude the un-categorized and Youzify (member media) categories from the displayed filter to keep things limited to author blog posts for specific categories.

In addition, a parent category (if one was present) would show up and create a redundancy with the “All” filter button.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Michael,

To change this, you’ll have to use the following code snippet to your website. This snippet uses the data-filter value. You’ll have to adapt it to suits to your categories. Please find the attached screenshot.

/**
    * Remove categories from archive page
    */
    .posts-filter.nav .nav-item a[data-filter*="category-food"],
    .posts-filter.nav .nav-item a[data-filter*="category-lifestyle"]{
    	display:none;
    }

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you paste it to the Custom CSS panel of your WordPress Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS”.
    Pasting your code snippet there should do the trick for you.

Also, it’s important to remember that we share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you require customization work.

Regards,

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

Ah shoot, that css isn’t removing the filter buttons from the page. I mean, it looks like it should to me, but I’m just not very knowledgeable with css syntax.

Screen attached.

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

Screen of admin – Posts ->Categories

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Michael,

This snippet hide the categories from the posts page, not the admin. You can’t delete these categories.

In case this snippet doesn’t work on your website, it’s best if we take a quick look at this. Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us. Please send us the url of your posts page.

Thank you.

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you Michael,

It seems the data-filter was not displayed. I adjusted the snippet to use the href instead and it’s working.

/**
    * Remove categories from archive page - 
    */
    .posts-filter.nav .nav-item a[href*="blog/uncategorized/"],
    .posts-filter.nav .nav-item a[href*="blog/youzify_media/"]{
    }

Can you confirm me all is working fine on your side?

Best,

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

Yay!

Thanks very much!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

You’re welcome! 🙂

If you’re happy with our theme, feel free to review our theme on our Themeforest page:
    https://themeforest.net/item/gwangi-dating-community-theme/21115855

It’s very appreciated and it helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality over time and develop new features. It’s a win-win !

And by doing this, you will be making a great contribution to our community! #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Thank you!

Michael
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mslifka

Will do! I’m super happy with the theme and help in getting things polished-up and working the way I envisioned.

Also going to post that code snippet you provided below in case anyone else experiences the same problem –

**Exclude Categories From Blog Categories Menu:

/**
    * Remove categories from archive page - 
    */
    .posts-filter.nav .nav-item a[href*="blog/uncategorized/"],
    .posts-filter.nav .nav-item a[href*="blog/youzify_media/"]{
    }

Cheers and thanks again for all the help 🙂

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for these kind words Michael. 🙂

It’s a great idea to share this snippet! Thank you.

If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics.

Cheers,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site