Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Change button Profile Search ‘Submit & find a partner’

This topic is resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @aronv1999

Dear support,

How can I change the buttontext of the profile search ‘Submit & find a partner’ on the homepage?

Thanks so much.

Kind Regards,
    Aron Verhoeven

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @Aron,

We use BP Profile Search (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/) to showcase the profile search feature on our demos.
    You can edit the homepage search form by visiting Users > Profile Search in your website admin panels, where you will find every existing profile search forms.

For a quick tutorial on how to create the homepage form, please read to the following post:

Add new fields to homepage search form

For more dedicated help with BP Profile Search, we invite you to post request directly on the support forum:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search

Cheers,

Aron
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @aronv1999

Hi Support,

I already changed the forms, thanks. However I would like to change the button text.

Is that also possible?

Kind Regards,
    Aron Verhoeven

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Aron,

Sorry for having wrongly answered to your question. You’re totally right, only the form inputs can be changed in the admin panels. The submit button and its text is part of the template from BP Profile Search.

To modify this, you will need to override the template located in Gwangi (gwangi/buddypress/members/bps-form-home.php) in a child theme. The best way to do this is by using the provided child theme (gwangi-child). You will find more on this topic in the following post:

Creating a Child Theme

As we understand the trouble of programmatically overriding the template into a child theme, we will release a new update of Gwangi next week to fix this. You will be able to use a WordPress filter to change this and we will provide you the code snippet to copy and paste to fix your issue.

Can you wait for the next release ? Or is this issue urgent ?

Cheers,

Aron
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @aronv1999

Dear Support,

Thanks for your reply. Im happy it is even possible, so I can wait untill the next release 😉

I look forward to it!

Kind Regards,
    Aron Verhoeven

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Aron,

Ok then! We’ll keep you updated as soon as the next update is released.

Regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @Aron,

Gwangi has been updated to version 1.0.2. You can upload and activate the new version to your server.

From now, you can change the default submit button value but it requires a few coding skills as we added a filter in the latest Gwangi version.

The simplest way to do this is to install Code Snippets (https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/) to your WordPress server. Please read the following post for more details :

Adding Custom PHP Snippets

Installing a New Plugin

Once the plugin installed, please visit Snippets > Add New. Name your snippet and paste the following code:

function muhFmYvy7i_gwangi_bps_form_home_submit_value( $value ) {
      $value = 'Find My New Partner';
      return $value;
    }

add_filter( 'gwangi_bps_form_home_submit_value', 'muhFmYvy7i_gwangi_bps_form_home_submit_value' );

Finally, please select the “Only run on site front-end” option and hit the “Save Changes and Activate” button.

We hope this tip have solved your issue. ?

Cheers,

Aron
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @aronv1999

Hi Support,

Much thanks for solving this issue. However, how can I update the Gwangi thema haha, I can’t find it…

Much thanks!

Kind Regards,
    ARon Verhoeven

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Aron,

To update your theme, you can download and install the Envato Market plugin (https://envato.com/market-plugin/) on your WordPress site.

Once the plugin is installed and activated, go to “Envato Market” in your admin menu and follow the instructions under “Activate Envato API Connection”.

When this is done, you will see your purchased themes under the “Themes” tab and you should be able to update your Gwangi theme from there by clicking the “Update available” button. If the update fails after clicking that button please try to click it again and it should work properly.

Regards,

Aron
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @aronv1999

Thanks, it worked! 🙂

I did the update, how can I change the button text?

Kind Regards,
    Aron Verhoeven

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Aron,

Like we mentioned before (#510), it requires a few coding skills.

The simplest way to do this is to install Code Snippets (https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/) to your WordPress server.

Once the plugin installed, please visit Snippets > Add New. Name your snippet and simply paste the following code:

function muhFmYvy7i_gwangi_bps_form_home_submit_value( $value ) {
      $value = 'Find My New Partner';
      return $value;
    }
    add_filter( 'gwangi_bps_form_home_submit_value', 'muhFmYvy7i_gwangi_bps_form_home_submit_value' );

Finally, please select the “Only run on site front-end” option and hit the “Save Changes and Activate” button.

Of course, feel free to change the $value but don’t forget the single quotation marks.

This will solve your issue. ?

Cheers,

Aron
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @aronv1999
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Aron,

Everything you did was correct. Your coding skills are on point! ?
    The problem was caused by a recent change made into BP Profile Search since 4.8.3 (last week). From now, you need to select a form template before you save it. To do so, just visit “Users > Profile Search” and select the adequate template (home or directory). Then, hit the save button.

We’ve logged into your website and made to change to display your form on the homepage. As you can see, everything is displaying properly now.

Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Change button Profile Search ‘Submit & find a partner’’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site