Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Child Theme Broken

This topic is resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @coeno

Good day,

The child theme seems to not import the correct settings from the main theme. Most customizations do not import and switch back to default and then others do not work even when changed.

Please let me know if there is a fix or an updated child-theme

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Coen,

Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue and what content is missing.

Thank you.

Coen
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @coeno

Hi Manathan,

Not sure how a screenshot will help as the issue is more setting related. I have setup the theme using the main theme, when I want to then install the child-theme, all the colours and fonts revert back to the original settings. After setting up the child theme again, I realised that some features do not update like the footer settings.

Usually a child theme should take all the settings set on the original theme. I need to add some code to the functions.php and cant do that with the theme, because it will be wiped if I update.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Ho Coen!

Thank you, I understand now.

Note that the customizer settings are specific to a theme. For this reason, a child theme does not inherit these settings, even though it inherits the theme settings.

For this reason, when you want to use the child theme, it is recommended to launch the setup wizard when the child theme is activated. In this case, we really suggest you to reset your WordPress database using WP Reset (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/) and start fresh with our setup wizard.

You can easily install the theme by relaunching the setup wizard, as it will programmatically do every steps for you.

Regards,

Coen
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @coeno

Hi Manathan,

I am not sure why your child-theme works like this, because every other theme that I have used inherits the settings from the main theme, to redo all the customizations is something that will be helpful to know before you start using the theme, because they interfere with one another.

If anything there should be an option to at least export the theme settings then import them into the child theme.

Thanks, Coen

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

It depends of the features the theme uses. We use the WordPress’s customizer, and any other theme using this might have the same issue. This issue is related to the customizer, not the theme: How to make child theme inherit parent custom theme options.

We’ll investigate to find out if there is a workaround.

Best,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Coen, we suggest you to activate your parent theme and use Customizer Export Import plugin to export your customizer settings. Then, activate your child theme and import the file that have been downloaded. All should work fine. 🙂

Cheers,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Child Theme Broken’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site