Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

child theme installation question

This topic is resolved
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I do not know if I have installed the child theme and I am afraid to update and lose the translations of the add-ons and the theme Can you tell me if I have the child theme installed and help me please? http://prntscr.com/naqtem

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @chilepower,

Yes, you have the Gwangi Sensual child theme installed on your website.

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I just updated and when entering my website I see an error

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

hello I can not wait until Monday for the support I have annoying users and waiting

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I’m very upset with you. I have to wait 4 days to receive assistance, my page sends me an error after the update, I asked for technical assistance on Friday, my users are waiting and they are upset with me, this is an emergency they should attend and resolve

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I had to solve the problem myself but I keep getting this update message http://prntscr.com/nboh33 ,I was anxious about the update, but I have just updated and I am very disappointed because I do not see many changes and I do not see some important features that I promised to change and add.

– profile credentials in the widget
    – Registration and login button separated and more visible

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I have also reviewed the folder of wordpress errors and I get this error.

[12-Apr-2019 16:20:43 UTC] PHP Warning: require(/home/elchater/public_html/wp-content/themes/gwangi/inc/bp-xprofile-location/bp-xprofile-location-template-functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elchater/public_html/wp-content/themes/gwangi/functions.php on line 845

[12-Apr-2019 16:20:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/elchater/public_html/wp-content/themes/gwangi/inc/bp-xprofile-location/bp-xprofile-location-template-functions.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear’) in /home/elchater/public_html/wp-content/themes/gwangi/functions.php on line 845

I have solved the problem by removing the plugin bp xprofile location I think it is not compatible with the theme

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @chilepower,

Thank you for reporting this error back to us. This is caused by our theme and it will be fixed ASAP in order to let you use BP xProfile Location the soonest possible.

We’re sorry for your trouble.

Best,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Also, when you say that features are missing from the update, could you please point me to the topics in which these features have been discussed? So I can review in for version the features have been announced.

Thank you.

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

– You can check my website and confirm if I have updated the theme child and the main theme correctly please this message keeps coming up http://prntscr.com/nboh33

– you mentioned that they would add new functions and features but I do not see any changes

the credentials of age, city, gender would be added to the grimlock widget but only the profile picture appears

Registration and login button separated and more visible

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@chilepower,

Starting from Gwangi v 1.2, you can choose which xProfile fields to display on your member cards.
    Hi There,

You can easily change this theme option in the Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > BuddyPress”. Then, open the “Members” tab and select the fields to display.

Unfortunately, I’m sure if the changes with the Registration and Sign In buttons have scheduled and included in the last release. Could please point me to the topic in which this feature has been discussed?

Thank you.

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

they had to explain it thank you very much but the credentials do not appear in users online and in recently active users

– and You can check my website and confirm if I have updated the theme child and the main theme correctly please this message keeps coming up http://prntscr.com/nboh33

button to login or register more visible

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @chilepower,

Your feature request regarding the Sign In and Registration button has been commented but hasn’t been granted the status “Accepted” yet. It will be moved into our development queue if multiple other Gwangi buyers request the same feature.

If you wish to discuss this topic more, please do in the following topic:

button to login or register more visible

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

can you answer my questions please

– You can check my website and confirm if I have updated the theme child and the main theme correctly please this message keeps coming up http://prntscr.com/nboh33

the credentials do not appear in users online and in recently active users

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@chilepower,

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by credentials? Which info are we supposed to see on these member cards.

Thank you.

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

for Online Users widget and recently active users.these credentials

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @chilepower,

Are you referring to the native BuddyPress widgets? In that case, these widgets don’t include these info, as you can see on our demos (see attached).

You can display some of these info using the Grimlock for Author Avatars widget.

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

they are from the grimlock plugin not from buddypress I mean the home widget, not the side

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@chilepower,

Could you please create a new website user for us? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Cheers,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower
    This reply has been marked as private.
    DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

thank you and finally You can check my website and confirm if I have updated the theme child and the main theme correctly please this message keeps coming up http://prntscr.com/nboh33

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@chilepower,

1) You running the latest version for both the child theme and Gwangi (see attachment). The warning message will disappear if you simply click the closing button (x) on the right side.
    2) As mentioned in a previous reply, the widgets displayed are native BuddyPress widgets (see attachments) in which these infos are not shown (see our demos).

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I understand thank you very much for your help and support, I am clear everything

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome. ?

Best regards,

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘child theme installation question’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site