Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Comment notifications by email

This topic is resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @wearehalfhill

Hello! I normally use wo-discuz on my sites so that blog commenter can receive notifications when authors or other commenter reply to their comments. Is there a way to use wp-discuz iwth Gorgo, either through a child theme or function adjustment?

If not, do you have a recommended compatible plug in which would allow commenters on blogs to be notified of reies to their comments? Buddy Press does not do this unless a commenter mentions the commenter directly with their @user in their comment.

Thanks in advance for advising!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6289 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @wearehalfhill,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Maybe this article form WP Beginner will help you to solve your issue as they seem to answer the same concern:

Please note that this issue is related with the customization of a third party plugin, not with the use of your theme. As theme authors, the installation, setting or debugging of third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide.

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme. 🙂

Regards,

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @wearehalfhill

Thanks so much! I actually have seen that article before. That’s not my question. My question is specific about the customization of this theme to replace your comment system with something else. I’m asking if that can be done through a child theme, or if your comment system is so deeply embedded throughout the theme that it’s not possible to do that.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @wearehalfhill

Also, to be clear: I’m referring to replacing the comment system on blog posts *only*. Thanks!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6289 Posts
    @themodactyl

Sorry @wearehalfhill! I didn’t understand.

We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer ASAP. 🙂

We really thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @wearehalfhill,

The comment forms and threads from Gorgo are very standard WP features. You should be able to activate any plugin that improve or transform those without requiring any child theme. For instance, please see attached how wpDiscuz is integrating with our theme.

Please note that as none of these plugins are fully compatible with Gorgo, you might need to add some extra custom code here and there to make the perfect fit ! 🙂

Best,

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @wearehalfhill

That is very interesting, thank you! I was asking this question, because when I activate the plugin, it does nothing on this site. It’s something I’m very familiar with using on all of my other sites, but with this theme, the comments from the theme override the plugin for some reason.

The screenshot is helpful, and I will take a look to see what’s going on.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6289 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @wearehalfhill,

I’m glad to read that @themosaurusrex has been able to help you!

Cheers,

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @wearehalfhill

Found the issue, totally on their end. Thank you for the screenshot. Stay safe!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6289 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @wearehalfhill,

I’m glad to read that you’ve been able to solve this!

Don’t hesitate to share the solution with us. By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to our community! #SharingIsCaring ??

Cheers,

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @wearehalfhill

Generally, when this plugin gets activated—and I use it on so many sites, so it really is true—it automatically applies itself to the posts and pages areas of the site. For some reason, with Gorgo, it did not. They actually have a setting which just needs to be ticked where the site owner wants the comment system to be applied. NO idea how or why that happened here, but totally unrelated to the theme, and works perfectly once applied.

Thanks for the screenshot! When it behaved differently from other installations, I had wrongly concluded that your comment system may not be the standard one, and that a more complicated implementation may be required. Your screenshot cleared that up right away.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6289 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @wearehalfhill,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. you’re making a great contribution to our community! I’m sure it will help other users facing the same issue. 🙂

We have at heart to provide the best support possible to our customers. So, I’m really happy if my colleague has been able to help you find the solution!

We really hope our theme meets all your expectations. If you’re happy with it, feel free to review our theme on our Themeforest page:
    https://themeforest.net/item/gorgo-minimal-content-focused-blog-and-magazine/23091367

It very appreciated and it helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality over time and develop new features. It’s a win-win !

Thank you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Comment notifications by email’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site