Convert WordPress to Mobile App

Home Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Unsupported Plugins Convert WordPress to Mobile App

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Surya
    Participant
    • 27 Posts
    @surya1

Hello,

I was just curious if there’s any free plugins to convert wordpress to mobile app for buddypress themes?

Thank you!

Andrea
    Participant
    • 44 Posts
    @youfriend

Hi @surya1,

i guess no. it’s a completely different work with their relative prices.
    Let’s wait if anyone knows more

Olivier
    Participant
    • 1562 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @surya1, @youfriend,

Actually there are, but I would recommend again using them as they are not notable for providing great performing apps. You might mostly end up with a sluggish version of your responsive website that might frustrate your members…

The most notorious system is AppPresser but there are others. For more, please read the following post:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/best-plugins-to-convert-wordpress-into-mobile-app/

Our suggestion is to create your very own mobile app with a framework such as React Native and try to reach the WP-API activated on your website. Sadly, this will obviously cost you, but this will have a real mobile feel and perform very well. 🙂

Cheers,

Surya
    Participant
    • 27 Posts
    @surya1

Thanks for that, Oliver and Andrea.

I came across this add to home screen plugin which I think should be a good solution: https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-to-home-screen-wp/#description

But I am not sure if it has mobile push notifications. That’s my primary use case. Any suggestions for that?

Thank you!

Olivier
    Participant
    • 1562 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@surya1, my understanding is that this plugin will load some script to let your members download a Home screen shortcut to your website. However, this should not activate push notifications.

Unfortunately, this is way out of my wheelhouse but I think that you might be interested in giving a try to this plugin:

OneSignal – Web Push Notifications

I would also suggest you to read this post as it compares multiple plugins providing a feature similar to the one you’re looking for:

13 Best WordPress Push Notification Plugins 2020

Surya
    Participant
    • 27 Posts
    @surya1

Thanks Oliver! I’ll take a look.

Olivier
    Participant
    • 1562 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome. 🙂

Cheers,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Convert WordPress to Mobile App’ is closed to new replies.