Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Convert WordPress to Mobile App

This topic is resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 14 Topics
    • 35 Posts
    @surya1

Hello,

I was just curious if there’s any free plugins to convert wordpress to mobile app for buddypress themes?

Thank you!

Andrea
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 133 Posts
    @youfriend

Hi @surya1,

i guess no. it’s a completely different work with their relative prices.
    Let’s wait if anyone knows more

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @surya1, @youfriend,

Actually there are, but I would recommend again using them as they are not notable for providing great performing apps. You might mostly end up with a sluggish version of your responsive website that might frustrate your members…

The most notorious system is AppPresser but there are others. For more, please read the following post:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/best-plugins-to-convert-wordpress-into-mobile-app/

Our suggestion is to create your very own mobile app with a framework such as React Native and try to reach the WP-API activated on your website. Sadly, this will obviously cost you, but this will have a real mobile feel and perform very well. 🙂

Cheers,

Surya
    Participant
    • 14 Topics
    • 35 Posts
    @surya1

Thanks for that, Oliver and Andrea.

I came across this add to home screen plugin which I think should be a good solution: https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-to-home-screen-wp/#description

But I am not sure if it has mobile push notifications. That’s my primary use case. Any suggestions for that?

Thank you!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@surya1, my understanding is that this plugin will load some script to let your members download a Home screen shortcut to your website. However, this should not activate push notifications.

Unfortunately, this is way out of my wheelhouse but I think that you might be interested in giving a try to this plugin:

OneSignal – Web Push Notifications

I would also suggest you to read this post as it compares multiple plugins providing a feature similar to the one you’re looking for:

13 Best WordPress Push Notification Plugins 2020

Surya
    Participant
    • 14 Topics
    • 35 Posts
    @surya1

Thanks Oliver! I’ll take a look.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome. ?

Cheers,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Convert WordPress to Mobile App’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site