Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Country is not displayed in the right language on the member's card

This topic is resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

Hello again, dear support team,

I slowly progress on my website and I installed WPML. Good intégration with your theme and all the plugins,but…

There is always a but.

So far, my website is written in French and English.

On member’s card and on member’s profile header, the country (Belgique) is displayed in English (Belgium), as I am visiting in French. I translated all strings including ‘Belgium’ with WPML, but still, the country is in English.

I can imagine it’s an issue between WPML and Buddypress (or a BP add-on), but, maybe, you have a clue, a hintch, something to help me with this little irritating issue.

Cheers,

Gilles

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @gillesderon,

I’m sorry to read that you’re experiencing trouble with translating your website. Even when you’re used to do it, it’s never an easy task… ?

The issue might be related with the fact that these strings are stored in your database as field values, not as translatable strings.

When creating a new website, you can generate default fields with Gwangi. The suggested country names are in english, which doesn’t usually seem to bother our users as most of them are using an english website. Once the fields are generated, their default values are stored in your database, not loaded from translation files.

On one hand, you could remove all values from your Country field and replace them by french country names. For instance, you could add only those you’re working with on your website.

On the other hand, you could also choose to translate the theme in french, if you haven’t already done so. Then, you could remove all default fields and generate them once again. This time, they should be populated with the translated values if you’re doing this operation when administrating the website in french. However, I do not recommend this last solution as it might lead to more hassle with the directory search forms and member swap page.

Unfortunately, there’s no other solution that I could think of to translate the BP xPprofile fields values.

If that’s not satisfactory, you might consider using BP xProfile Location instead of the default fields that we’ve created. This plugin is supported by our theme and will let Google Maps handle the list of locations and their translations.
    For more, please read the plugin description:

BP xProfile Location

Best,

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

Hi @themosaurusrex,

You’re right, WPML is a terrific plugin but not so easy to handle. (And it’s my first real experience with WPML…)

I tried BP xProfile Location, I modified a couple of profiles, but now, the country is only displayed in French even if the selected language is English… and I found no new string to translate in WPML.

What am I doing wrong?

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

Also, the City and the country are now separated by a comma (,) instead of a dot (.) like before.

How can I transform this comma into hyphen?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @gillesderon,

Unfortunately, I’m afraid we’re meeting the limits of BuddyPress xProfile fields and their translation. ?

BP xProfile Location should display the dropdown list of location by taking the user locale into account. So, when visiting the website in French (fr_FR), the list of locations returned by Google Maps API should be populated with french names. However, the location will not be translatable once stored in your database as WPML and other translation plugins do not seem to care much about these values. Only the field titles seem to be taken into account.

I’ve found the following plugin when looking for more help with that matter:
    – BuddyPress Extended Profile Translation (https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-extended-profile-translation/)

However, please note that we haven’t tested or integrated this plugin with our product. You might require extra customization work if you wish to make them fit perfectly with your website.

Regarding the hyphen issue, we don’t act on the values displayed by BP xProfile Location and we don’t know if a hookable filter exist to change its display. As this issue is related with the BP xProfile Location, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-xprofile-location/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Gilles Deron
    Participant
    • 31 Topics
    • 97 Posts
    @gillesderon

Dear @themosaurusrex,

Thank you again for your answers. I ‘ve tried the BuddyPress Extended Profile Translation plugin, but it doesn’t seem to do the work.
    Never mind, I’ll manage that later.

And for the hyphen issue, you’re right, it’s not your theme. My mistake, sorry.

Thanks for your work, your time, your availability.

Best,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @gillesderon,

No worries!
    I would prefer being able to help you further in this case. However, I’m sure the plugin author of BP xProfile Location have received this question before and they might have a workaround to offer you.

Please don’t hesitate to share the solution they will be suggesting with the rest of our community. It might benefit others in the future! 🙂

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Country is not displayed in the right language on the member's card’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site