Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Course page different from demo to site

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Compatible Plugins LearnDash Course page different from demo to site

Waiting for Themosaurus team
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 57 Posts
    @permakulturtraining

This topic is related to this one: https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/course-page-is-totally-different-demo-x-my-site/

I was able to change the template by enabling the focus mode. The problem is that I want it to look EXACTLY like in the demo. Unfortenately there is no demo import data provided to set the settings in a way that would reproduce the CERA demo. Clearly, this can’t be a LearnDash issue that you can push to the plugin creator, because you as theme developers have set certain settings within LearnDash to make the Demo look like it looks. Please give some information on how I can make my LearnDash Focus Mode Template look like in the Demo and add it to the Documentation for other users to reproduce.

Best regards
    Rene

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Rene, 🙂

Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue and what you got that might be different from our demo.

Thank you.

Rene
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 57 Posts
    @permakulturtraining

Hello Manathan,

thank your for your reply. On the left Screenshot you can see what the LearnDash Focus Mode Layout looks like on my site. On the right side you see how the same area looks like in the cera demo. This issue is not about the content, but rather the layout and look and feel of the area. For example you can see that the course progress in the demo is shown on the right side and not on the left side.

Another question I have is how the material can be shown on another tab like it is showing up in the demo screenshot.

Best regards

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Rene,

Thank you for your screenshot.

I started a new demo from scratch to make some tests. I installed LearnDash plugin and its compatibility plugin (Grimlock for LearnDash). I activated the focus mode and all seems to work fine.

My best guess is that your issue might probably be caused by a missing update. Could you please make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date? Is Grimlock for LearnDash plugin activated?

Finally, you could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.

We’re waiting for your feedback.

Thank you.

Rene
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 57 Posts
    @permakulturtraining

Hey,

thank you very much for clearing that up. I am in touch with the LearnDash Support about this, it seems that it is not a theme related issue because it also appears when using a standard WP twenty-twenty theme.

As soon as I find out more, I will let you know.

Best regards
    Rene

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you Rene for letting me know. I’m sure LearnDash team will be able to help you in no time!

Indeed, don’t hesitate to share the solution with us! We’re really curious to know what was going on. Moreover, I’m sure it will help other users facing the same issue. By doing this, you’ll make a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! #SharingIsCaring 💪🏻

Cheers,

Rene
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 57 Posts
    @permakulturtraining

Hello,

it looks like the Grimlock plugin is causing this issue. Here’s the reply from LearnDash support:

“Hi Rene,

Thanks for getting back to me with an updated password.

I was able to run a conflict test on the site and after disabling the Grimlock plugin, the issue went away. Please see the screenshot below for reference (I attached the screenshot below)

It seems like this plugin controls the look of your web pages including LearnDash pages. I suggest reaching out to the plugin developers so they are made aware of the issue and can apply a fix possibly through a plugin update.

Let me know if you have any questions.”

Could you have a look into that? I am not completely sure if Grimlock is actually causing the issue because the text still seems very close to the left, but the background has the same color as the text boxes now, so it doesn’t look like it’s so close to the border. However, the overall Focus Mode looks more like the Cera Demo.

I think I’ll also run some tests myself and reinstall LearnDash and add the course again manually, just to see if it works.

Best regards
    Rene

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Rene,

Thank you for your feedback. It’s best if we take a quick look at this. Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings. You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Rene
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 57 Posts
    @permakulturtraining
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Rene,

Thank you for granting us access to your wp-admin.

Here are the differences I noticed with Cera Learn demo:

1. Course content is wider on Cera Learn demo: In Dashboard > LearnDash LMS > Settings > General > Focus Mode, you have to select the Extra Wide focus mode content width.
    2. Padding missing in content: It seems there is an issue that needs to be fixed in the next update. We’ll be back to you as soon as the update is released.
    3. Buttons seems broken: Will be fixed in the next update.
    4. Topics & Materials tabs: To display this, you have to activate the Material feature in the topic settings.
    5. Progression bar is now on left: That’s the new layout of LearnDash. Note that it will be the same on our demo once we’ll update LearnDash to its last version.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you need more explanations or if I forgot something.

Be sure we’ll be back to you as soon as possible.

Best,

Rene
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 57 Posts
    @permakulturtraining

Hello Manathan,

it’s good to know that you were able to reproduce the issues and are working on solving them. I’m very much looking forward to the Update and meanwhile improve my new course site. Thank you for your ongoing support.

One more thing: Maybe it would be good for other Cera-customers to add an article in the LD section on how to activate focus mode and set the extra wide focus mode content width.

Best regards
    Rene

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Rene,

Thank you for this suggestion, we’ll take it in consideration! 🙂

Best,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site