Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Dashboard Blocks

This topic is resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 17 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @christianj40

Hello,

I am having two different issues pertaining to the dashboard.

1. When loading the page my blocks are loaded randomly like in the image, to fix this I have to resize the window to force the placement to change. ( I change use restore down and maximize, the same size window and it will fix itself)

2. I have a plugin to hide blocks based on user role, as you can see the blank rectangular card (under the cables card in the attached image) is still showing even tho that card is being hidden from that user role. Simply it’s hiding the information of the block but still showing the block.

I was wondering how I can fix these two issues.

Thanks,
    Christian

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Christian,

I’m afraid I don’t exactly understand your first issue. Could you provide us with more screenshots of your website please? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

Concerning your second issue, can you please tell us which plugin you’re using to hide blocks based on user tole?

Thank you.

Christian Jenkins
    Participant
    • 17 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @christianj40

Hello Manathan,

If you can look at the screenshot attached, it will show different colors.

First, the red color, on load/refresh times, the cards don’t load properly, and they SHOULDN’T stacked on top of each other. To fix this error, I manually resize the window.

Second, the plugin is Block Visibility by Nick Diego, https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-visibility/.

Thanks,
    Christian

Christian Jenkins
    Participant
    • 17 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @christianj40

Sorry, the image didn’t attach.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your feedback. I think I understand better what you’re trying to get. Could you share the URL to your website with us please? You can post it in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us. This way, I can inspect and suggest you how you could achieve that.

Concerning your second issue, I’m afraid this plugin is not compatible (yet) with our theme. When you’ll share the url of your website, I will take a look at this issue to see how you could solve this.

Best,

Christian Jenkins
    Participant
    • 17 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @christianj40
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Christian,

Thank you for granting us access to your website.

My best guess is that your issue might probably caused by some conflicting third party plugin or some extra code snippet. Could you deactivate all plugins that have not been installed with your theme during its setup and all existing custom PHP code snippets please? And then, could you confirm me that the issue is still persisting please?

Please also make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date. Finally, you could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.

We noticed your WordPress dashboard is different. Is this a plugin or are you hosting your website in wordpress.com?

Thank you.

Christian Jenkins
    Participant
    • 17 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @christianj40

Hello Manathan,

I believe I found the fix of the panels loading in the wrong place. I am using the plugin “Smush,” and I had an option enabled to lazy load widgets after unchecking that option, and it seemed to fix my issue.

I re-read your last response, and I didn’t see your answer on how to hide the panel based on the user role.

Lastly, can you tell me why “stationery” is placed before the “substation” panel? When looking at the devtools stationery panel is block 25, and the substation panel is block 23.

Thanks,
    Christian

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Christian,

I’m glad to read you’ve been able to solve this. 🙂

Please be aware that our theme is compatible with JetPack. This plugin includes many features, as well as the Widget Visibility module. Unfortunately, since last JetPack update, it need to be adjusted. We’re investigate to find from where this issue is coming from and how we can solve it. This is why I didn’t come back to you about this immediately, I was waiting for an effective solution. Be sure I’ll be back to you as soon a we found one.

Concerning the placement of the widget in the Dashboard, it’s kind of hard to explain. By default, a widget try to be displayed as high as possible in the page. This view is called Masonry.In this case, even if the top section appears to be the same height, a pixel difference may be all it takes for the section on the bottom to change of column.

I hope this will help you understand how it works. Don’t hesitate to come back to us if you need more explanations.

Regards,

Christian Jenkins
    Participant
    • 17 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @christianj40

Howdy,

Do you have a timeframe to fix JetPack’s Widget Visibility?

Thanks,
    Christian

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Christian,

Be sure this task has been added to our to do list. Unfortunately, no release date can be disclosed at the moment as we have a lot to work on. We’ll keep you inform and be back to you as soon as this compatibility will be available.

Sincerely,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Christian,

We thank you for your patience.

According to our testing and research, this is a general incompatibility issue between JetPack’s visibility settings and third-party plugin blocks.

It seems that this issue has already been reported on Github: Widget Visibility: doesn’t work with third party blocks. This user explains that he tested with a whole series of third party blocks and had the same issue you are experiencing, whether it is via the admin or the customizer. We have tested with a Coblocks block ourselves and the same problem occurs.

Therefore, it seems that we have to wait for a resolution on the side of JetPack itself.

We’re sorry that we don’t have any solution for this and hope that JetPack team will soon took a look at this.

Sincerely,

🍾  2022 is coming ! 🥂
    From December 25, 2021 until the January 2, 2022 included, our support forum will be closed as our team will be enjoying Christmas and New Year’s Eve with their families. We’ll be back on January 3, 2022. Be sure that we’ll do our best to manage all your topics as soon as possible.
    We thank you for your understanding and we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dashboard Blocks’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site