Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Demo content not uploading

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @kalmirew

Hello there,

I’ve just installed my theme. I went through the final set up. Plugins were successfully installed. Then I got to the import demo part and … nothing happened.

It stayed stuck at 0%. I’ve tried several times and also raised the limitation on file sizes. Unsuccessfully. I don’t get any error message or anything.

Could you help?

Thanks.

Celine
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @kalmirew

Actually, I tried with the dark Intranet Theme to see how it was going and plugins are not all installed. See screenshot. Last one became red also.

Celine
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @kalmirew

Hello,

I am still blocked in content uploading. From my research, I believe it’s a PHP max time out issue.

My provider won’t allow me to raise it to the level you required. Do you have another solution such as a demo import in xml?

It is a bit urgent for me to set up this website so in advance many thanks for your answer!

Céline

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 426 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi Celine,

If the issue does come from a max time out issue, I’m afraid a manual XML import won’t solve the issue as it is essentially what our import wizard is already doing.

Maybe raising the time limit through PHP code could help (if your server supports it). Here is a snippet to raise the time limit :

/**
    * Raise PHP time limit to 30 minutes
    */
    add_action( 'init', function() {
    	if ( function_exists( 'set_time_limit' ) ) {
    		set_time_limit( 30 * 60 );
    	}
    } );

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you use the Code Snippets plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/). If you have never activated this plugin, please read the following post: Adding Custom PHP Without Changing Your Child Theme.

If that doesn’t work, then it means one of two things :

– Your server doesn’t support raising the time limit through PHP
    Or
    – The issue comes from somewhere else (or it can be a combination of time limit + something else)

In that case, to help us identifying the issue, please activate debug logging on your website, by pasting the following code lines in your wp-config.php file, just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Then, run the import (to generate the log file) and send us the content of the generated debug.log file (which will be located in the wp-content folder of your website).

Regards,

Celine
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @kalmirew
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 426 Posts
    @themoceratops
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Celine
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @kalmirew

Hello,

Changing host is simply impossible as I have had all my professionnal domain names and hostings gathered there for the past 15 years. Plus I’ve already paid for the two upcoming years for this new specific website.

It’s been known for years that OVH won’t help when it comes to raising php response time.

I’ve contacted them anyways and they can’t provide any solution. So I’m stuck. To be honest, I was hoping you would provide a work around as I’ve seen several other template creators supports offering that.

If you can’t do such a thing, I would kindly ask you to reimburse me so I can purchase the other template I had seen that fitted my needs.

Indeed, I hope you can understand that you haven’t mentioned this requirement on the purchase page and you’re not providing any other solution. It means I have lost a week of work and have purchased something that is simply unusable.

Let me know how we can proceed.

Thanks,
    Celine

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 426 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi Céline,

Please note that the problem here is not the PHP response time. That was your first guess, but in my previous reply I have found the actual problem is that the OVH server simply won’t download the XML file from our server, so in the end it has nothing to do with a timeout. I can also confirm that the XML file is publicly available, so there is no reason that the server wouldn’t be able to download it, other than a server misconfiguration or some kind of firewall. You can even see it for yourself by opening the XML directly in your browser : http://files.themosaurus.com/cera/demos/intranet/demo-content.xml . If a web browser is able to access it, the server should also be able to.

Also, about the snippet I provided for trying to raise the timeout to 30 minutes, I have to mention that the import process will never take that long. The 30 minutes is an arbitrary value I have chosen to be extra sure that the server would have all the time it needs.

Did you send to the OVH support the error message in my last reply? If they can’t help you, I’m sorry to say that we still cannot be held responsible for their own server’s misconfiguration. We, as theme authors, cannot and will not fix server problems, which is clearly what is happening here. It simply falls out of the scope of our support service.

If you wish to submit a refund request, please review the Envato Refund policy:
    https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-
    https://themeforest.net/page/customer_refund_policy

If your issue is matching the described conditions, please introduce your request to Envato. It will be redirected to us.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Demo content not uploading’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site