Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Disable wordpress admin bar for subscribers

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 18 Topics
    • 36 Posts
    @kalleshibg

Hi,
    I tried the following to get rid of WP admin bar or tool bar what ever it is call for the subscribers but still it appears,
    1. Installed Disable toolbar plugin
    2. Used the code
    add_action(‘after_setup_theme’, ‘remove_admin_bar’);

function remove_admin_bar() {
    if (!current_user_can(‘administrator’) && !is_admin()) {
    show_admin_bar(false);
    }
    }
    from WPbeginners webside.
    3. unchecked the toolbar option from the user profile
    nothing works for me, can you help.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @kalleshibg,

Can you please provide us with screenshots of your website? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

We already have an account but not with admin rights.

Best regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

And to be more precise do you want to hide the WordPress bar for all users or for everyone except admin?

Cheers,

Kalleshibg
    Participant
    • 18 Topics
    • 36 Posts
    @kalleshibg

Hi,
    I am unable to attach any image through my iphone it says extension error, can you please refer the above attached second image with the pink flower background for my website image (www.sangaati.in). In this image you can see that an user has logged in to the account and as soon as he logs in a black bar with wordpress logo appears with the user name on it. I don’t want my users to see this, in fact I don’t want anybody to know it is a wordpress site. Whether a logged in user or the logged out user no wordpress identity should be visible.
    1. I want the black WP bar on top to be hidden for all logged In and Logged Out users including Admin.
    2. I want the black WP bar on top to be hidden for all logged In and Logged Out users Except Admin. (would like to try this too)
    3. I have given you the Admin rights for my site.

Thanks.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @kalleshibg,

It was the “Restrict User Access” plugin that took the lead on this option.
    It has a similar feature to hide the WordPress bar. So either you stay like that or you have to uninstall this plugin in order to have more precise possibilities on which role this bar should be displayed.

At the moment, the bar is hidden for all non-admins users.

Regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kalleshibg
    Participant
    • 18 Topics
    • 36 Posts
    @kalleshibg

Perfect, thanks very much for your help.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

You’re welcome Kalleshibg. ?

Best regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Disable wordpress admin bar for subscribers’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site