Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Email verification not working

This topic is resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hello

1. I have an issue relating to user verification. Users are sent a verification email upon registration containing an activation code however, upon verifying their accounts are not being shown as ‘verified members’ in the dashboard and thus cannot access all site features.

2. Also, members aren’t receiving the ‘customer’ role after purchasing a premium subscription.

How can i fixed these issues?

Regards

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

1. The verified member badge provided by Verified Member for BuddyPress is unrelated with the activation process. The verified badge has to be applied manually by a website admin.
    2. Unfortunately, we have no clue. ?‍♂️

Please note that this issue is related with the use of Paid Memberships Pro, not with the use of your theme. It’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors as they will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
      https://www.paidmembershipspro.com/support/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@luaspo
    Please remember that we’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if you so many questions in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you split your future questions into different topics?
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! 🙂

Thank you.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Could you explain how the default process works without PMP? I will make my site free for now, but wish for new members to be verified via an email. Currently, this is not working and members are shown as unverified despite clicking the email. I have deactivated PMP and using BuddyPress reg settings.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@luaspo If all is set properly, users should be able to visit the registration page, fill the form and then, your server should send them an activation email. Once they follow the link, their account should be activated unless stated otherwise via custom coding or using a third party plugin to filter registrations.

For more, please also read the following post:

Register and Activation Pages

Unsent emails is an issue that can occur when your activation or registration email is either not send by your server -for instance, when mailing services are incorrectly set- or not received by your registering user because of his mail client spam filter.

To help you to solve your issue, you might also be interested by the following BuddyPress support forum topics:

Frequently Asked Questions

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/email-notification-not-working/
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/help-activation-email-not-sent-nothing-works/
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/activation-email-goes-to-users-spam-folder/

Buddypress does not send activation email

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-not-sending-emails/

Unfortunately, this issue is related with BuddyPress and the installation, setting or debugging of third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide for our theme.

We suggest you to ask for more help on the BuddyPress support forums:
    https://buddypress.org/support/

Regards,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hi @themosaurusrex

The verification email is being sent to users who are able to activate their accounts however, in the ‘Users’ admin panel the accounts are shown as ‘pending approval’ (see attached).

I understand the blue verification tick is a manual process, although how does the ‘Verification Status’ function? I thought the email would activate the accounts automatically? If i hover over the names i have the option to approve manually.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@luaspo Verified Member for BuddyPress is only providing the “verified” badge, similar to Twitter and other social network. It is not related with the account activation from BuddyPress which allows user to navigate your website.

In summary, if you manually verify your members, they will simply have a nifty little badge after their names. They HAVE to activate their account regardless of whether they have a badge or not.

Or maybe you have created those users yourself. In this case, the reason why you can’t see the users that you created manually is because BuddyPress will only show members considered as “active members” on the site. Even if you manually activated the users, you need to log in with each user account at least once so that BuddyPress considers them as active members.

To make it easier for you, you can install the “User switching” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-switching/). This plugin will allow you to browse your members list, then click on “Switch to” on the user of your choice. After switching, a link will appear at the bottom of your site to switch back to your admin user. You can then repeat the process for all your users and they should appear in your members page.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hi Oliver,

I have tried installing the plugin and switching to the accounts, but they still are showing as ‘pending approval’?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@luaspo Can you make sure to first approve all your users by clicking “Approve Now”, or by selecting them all and use the appropriate action the “Bulk Actions” dropdown menu? You have to do this as an admin first.
    Then, you can switch accounts and create some activity to make sure they appear on the directory page.

If you face further issue with the settings of you BuddyPress website, maybe it’s best if you try also to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://buddypress.org/support/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Thank you.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

OK, I have manually approved the users using the bulk option and will reach out to BP support to try and resolve the issue.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Great! I’m convinced they will be able to assist you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Email verification not working’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site