emoji for bbpress and buddypress

Home Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Feature Requests emoji for bbpress and buddypress

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Andrea
    Participant
    • 108 Posts
    @youfriend

Would be really cool add on grimlock bbpress and buddypress an emoji box for activities and forums. you could use the default wordpress emoji or integrate the standard mobile ones. Its better than nothing 😀

Olivier
    • 1758 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

Yes, I agree. Do you know any plugin that we could support with our theme that could add this feature ?

Andrea
    Participant
    • 108 Posts
    @youfriend

Hi Oliver

I have found many plugins but none supported at the same time bbpress buddypress and wp, so more than one should be installed. That’s why I asked if will be easy to create a box by grimlock, with emoji wp integrated.

My thoughts approach this plugin, but it only works for wordpress comments:

Native Emoji

Emoji in comments

Olivier
    • 1758 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

@youfriend Thank you for sharing those links. I’ve also found other plugins too:

BuddyPress Sticker

BuddyPress Emoji

However, neither of the above really meet your expectations, which is supporting BuddyPress and bbPress out-of-the-box. Maybe BP Emoji might work if we add some custom work to bypass its Community Builder Pro requirement, but we’re really not sure that this could work… If those two are as intricate as Grimlock and Grimlock for BuddyPress for instance, there’s no way to achieve this requirement.

We’ll look into this. In the meantime, I recommend that we leave this topic open until we find some stable plugin that could bring to feature to our theme. We’ll implement its support then.

Thank you for contributing to the overall improvement of Cera!

Andrea
    Participant
    • 108 Posts
    @youfriend

Hi Olly,

At the moment i have explained to users how to use the command “windows + .” on the latest operating system. it’s my best idea for now!

You think is possibile to create a button to open it?

Olivier
    • 1758 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

@youfriend There is only two solution for this. Either we discover a plugin supporting bbPress and BuddyPress to do it (which is unlikely from both our findings) or we take charge of this and create a new plugin, like we did for Verified Members for BuddyPress. It has been frequently requested and we ended up building it ourself because we haven’t found a solution that suited our needs exactly.

Let’s leave this open for now to see what other think of this. Maybe someone will suggest suitable solution that we could quickly support with our theme, or many others will also ask us to build the plugin.

Wait and see! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.