Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Error loading assets and unexpected token <

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @mnajjar85

Hi,

I have problem (error as shown in the attached screenshot) when I try to customize the website. The PHP file stops with unexpected token < error. Many of the plugin assets are not found as well. Please advise how to correct this.

Thanks,
    M. Najjar

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

To help us getting clues and find a solution to this issue, please activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, by pasting the following code lines in your wp-config.php file, just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

More on this in the following topic: Debugging in WordPress.

Thank you.

Mohammad Najjar
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @mnajjar85

Thank you Manathan,

This seems to partially solve the issue, as it seems the error is triggered while showing the warnings. Turning warnings off solved the issue. I can now see the customization options (see attached screenshot). Yet the warnings of the missing assets are still there.

I cannot upload the log file as it seems there are no options to do so. I have uploaded a screenshot instead.

Thank you again, Manathan for your support.

M. Najjar

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please tell us which PHP version are you using?

It seems many issue come from third party plugins. Could you please make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all your plugins are up-to-date? Finally, you could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.

Thank you.

Mohammad Najjar
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @mnajjar85

Thank you so much Manathan,

Downgrading PHP to 7.4.21 instead of 8.0.8 limited errors to one error as follows (according to debug.log):

“[08-Apr-2022 09:58:06 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in /Users/mnajjar/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/kirki/packages/kirki-framework/control-react-colorful/src/Control/ReactColorful.php on line 179”

I tried to update all plugins (which all seemed updated to the latest version). Finally, I decided to reset kiriki plugin (mentioned in the debug) by deactivating and activating it. But as soon I pressed “Deactivate”, the whole site went down with the following message 🙁

“There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.”

I tried then to clear the caching. but I couldn’t undo the deactivation of kirki plugin.

Thanks,
    M. Najjar

Mohammad Najjar
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @mnajjar85

I am reinstalling wordpress and gorgo again. I will go through the steps carefully and be back to you.

Mohammad Najjar
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @mnajjar85

After reinstallation, the same warning related to kirki plugin is triggered every few milliseconds.

[08-Apr-2022 19:56:19 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in /Users/mnajjar/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/kirki/packages/kirki-framework/control-react-colorful/src/Control/ReactColorful.php on line 179

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Be sure our theme and required plugins work correctly with the last php version. However, it seems the third plugins are not compatible yet. I recommend you to let the 7.4.21 PHP version. I’am afraid there’s nothing we could do as these are not plugins we developed.

Concerning the last notice, no worries. This is a PHP notice, not an error. Unlike errors, notices won’t break your website. They’re just messages aimed at developers to improve their code.

Regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Error loading assets and unexpected token <’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site