Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Display Course Featured Image on Course Page

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Feature Requests Display Course Featured Image on Course Page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mellisa83
    Up
    ::

Hi,

The featured image is not displaying on the front-end even though I have set it in the backend?

Automated vehicles and the future of insurance

Mellisa
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mellisa83
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Mellisa,

The header image needs to be activated in Customize > LearnDash > General. Please find the attached screenshot.

Please note that the background color you set for the header is not transparent. You can add some transparency in Customize > Appearance > Header > Style > Background Color to view the images.

I took a look but it seems the transparency tool is not displayed. Please find the attached screenshot. I think there is a conflict with a third party plugin, some extra code snippet or a missing update as we don’t encounter this issue with our demos. I attached a screenshot of what you should see.

Could you deactivate all plugins that have not been installed with your theme during its setup and all existing custom PHP code snippets please? And then, could you confirm me that the issue is still persisting please?

Please also make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date. Finally, you could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.

We’re waiting for your feedback.

Best,

Mellisa
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mellisa83

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have set up a staging site and I have figured out that BuddyForms is the culprit. How can this be so? Your theme is compatible with BuddyPress plugins.

Thanks for your help however, I have to set one static image in Customise > LearnDash > Style
    This is incorrect. Out of the box, learndash displays the headers based on the featured image set for each individual course. Each course will have it’s own header and therefore I need that to show on the Courses page please.

Please fix the Buddyforms issue as this is meant to be compatible.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Mellisa,

This is standard behavior with our theme. Since the course image may not fit in the header (too small or not appropriate), we chose to let the user define a default image. As this is not breaking the page, changing this is considered customization work.

Be aware that we talk about this feature and decided it would be indeed very nice to let the user choose either he want to set a default image in the header or display the course image.

Please note that I took the liberty to move this topic to our Feature Requests forum. As your idea could be a nice addition to our theme, we will implement this feature if other community members upvote your request.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to this theme!

Concerning BuddyForms, this plugin is not compatible with our theme. However, I suggest you to create another feature request about its compatibility in this forum to keep this topic clear: Feature request.

Best regards,

Mellisa
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mellisa83

Hi, Sorry but this is not customisation work.

You have changed how LearnDash works and removed the course featured image from the course page – so you went ahead and did additional work in your theme development to remove this – why? Every course is different – it makes no sense whatsoever to force the website to now use only one image which now does not relate to each course.

Please tell me how I can change this back to the default way that LearnDash displays the Course single page.

Mellisa
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mellisa83

Further, if BuddyForms is not compatible, then please direct me to a (paid or free) plugin that is.
    We need to customise the registration page and the default BuddyPress environment does not allow this.
    We need the entire website to not be accessible unless the user has logged in.

How else can I achieve the register page then?

Mellisa
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mellisa83
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

As this is default behaviour with our theme, yes, deactivate this feature is considered customization work.

However, I understand that it might be important for you. For this reason, we made you a snippet to use the course picture in the header. 🙂
    Simply add the following code snippet to your website:

/**
    * Use the Course Picture in header
    */
    add_filter( 'grimlock_custom_header_args', function( $args ) {
       if ( is_singular( 'sfwd-courses' ) && has_post_thumbnail() ) {
          $args['background_image'] = get_the_post_thumbnail_url( get_the_ID(), 'custom-header' );
       }
       return $args;
    }, 999, 1 );

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you use the Code Snippets plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/). If you have never activated this plugin, please read the following post: Adding Custom PHP Without Changing Your Child Theme.

Please also note that we don’t provide any theme customization. So, you shouldn’t expect other snippets from us unless it’s to fix an issue stemming from our own codebase. We always try our best to help theme users whenever we can and only provide code snippets out of courtesy to prevent them from waiting for the next update.

Concerning BuddyForms, be sure we’re glad to help you find a solution. However, it is very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if so many questions are asked in the same topic.

Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your question related to the customization of the register form into a different topic, please? One question = one topic.
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that!

Thank you.

Mellisa
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @mellisa83

Thank you very much Manathan. You are always so extremely helpful and polite.

Your code snippet has worked perfectly!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your kind words Mellisa. 🙏🏼

We’re glad to read we were able to help you. Be sure we have at heart to provide the best support possible to our users.

Best,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site