Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

First I would like to thank you for all your hard work in creating Buddypress an

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Gwangi – PRO Multi-Purpose Membership, Social Network & BuddyPress Community Theme Compatible Plugins BP Profile Search First I would like to thank you for all your hard work in creating Buddypress an

This topic is resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 2 Posts
    @bolatheme

I need to search members in the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. The result of the search is a URL, which will be entered in the Cities Menu for this group. see attached image. Thank you.

I tried filtering out the cities using “or” and “/” characters, but nothing was returned. But when I do search individual city, e.g. Washington DC, the search returned some members.

Please help with the right syntax to search all three cities at once. For example, the following is the URL to search one city
    http://www.mysite.com/members/?o=&foield_3=&field_2_age_range_min=&field_2_age_range_max=&field_7=&field_201=Washington+DC&field_any_contains=&bp_profile_search=205

What is the syntax to add Maryland and Virginia to field_201 in the search criteria?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Bola,

Thank you very much for the kind words! We really appreciate. ?

Do be able to filter your member directory using multiple cities (or areas), you will need to change your directory search form settings.
    First, you have to change the user extended profile fields. In your dashboard, please navigate to Users > Profile fields and edit the City field. The field type must now become “Drop Down Select Box” and you will need to enter option values.
    Finally, press “Update” to save your changes.

Your next step is to edit the directory search form. Please navigate to Users > Profile Search and edit the “Search directory” form. You need to change the search mode to “Is one of” for the City field and press “Update” to save your changes.

Finally, please go to your member directory and check multiple box to filter using multiple options. Once you’ve verified that the results are correct, just copy your URL and paste in the menu shown on your homepage.
    (Before, testing you directory search, please make sure you have created several test users with a city/area assign to each.)

And that should to the trick! ?

For more, you can also contact the plugin authors and post request on their support forums:

BP Profile Search Forum

You can also refer to the plugin documentation is you want to go further:

BP Profile Search Documentation

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘First I would like to thank you for all your hard work in creating Buddypress an’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site