Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Front and backend slowed to dead stop.

This topic is resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @picturebox1

Hello,

My website https://loversbee.com has been struggling to resolve (long delay of up to 20 seconds for each loading page/command) both front and back end for the last week or so. At first I just ignored it and kept updating the plugins. However now the website has completely failed after I tried to remove each plugin in turn to identify the culprit. I had already tried checking the error logs, js errors, etc.

Today I deactivated 7 plugins one at a time and then reinstalled them after testing. When I uninstalled Buddypress a fatal error occurred and as I have the latest wp instillation a fault report was generated. See bellow:

“Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with your theme, Gwangi.”

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 172 of the file /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-content/themes/gwangi/inc/grimlock-buddypress/customizer/class-gwangi-grimlock-buddypress-customizer.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bp_is_active() in /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-content/themes/gwangi/inc/grimlock-buddypress/customizer/class-gwangi-grimlock-buddypress-customizer.php:172
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-content/themes/gwangi/inc/grimlock-buddypress/customizer/class-gwangi-grimlock-buddypress-customizer.php(83): Gwangi_Grimlock_BuddyPress_Customizer->add_members_displayed_profile_fields_field(Array)
    #1 /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Gwangi_Grimlock_BuddyPress_Customizer->add_customizer_fields(”)
    #2 /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #3 /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #4 /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-settings.php(509): do_action(‘after_setup_the…’)
    #5 /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-config.php(104): require_once(‘/home/loveuits/…’)
    #6 /home/loveuits/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(‘/home/loveuits/…’)
    #7 /home/l

Sadly the recovery / safe mode link was not working either so I am now locked out and the website is down.

At first I thought it could have been a cashing problem but ruled that out with net rocket’s help tutorial.

Any help or advice would be gladly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Golden

p.s. Since I now have no access I can not set you up a user account. I will continue to try and recover the situation and if I get access again I will let you know.

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @picturebox1,

Thank you for your precious feedback. There is definitely an issue in our theme when you deactivate BuddyPress.
    This will be fixed in the next update of this plugin (scheduled for next week!).

In the meantime, connect to your FTP and temporarily move the “Grimlock for BuddyPress” plugin folder to another folder (anywhere outside the “plugins” folder) so that it could be automaticaly disabled by wordpress. Then you must reactivate BuddyPress first and then reactivate “Grimlock for BuddyPress”.

Afterwards, you can update the theme (when the update will be available) and this problem should no longer exist!

Feel free to keep us informed and thanks again for your feedback and your patience ?.

Best regards,

Ivan
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 29 Posts
    @picturebox1

Thank you Jean-Pascal.

I have now managed to get the website up and running well again.

The cause of the slow running site wide loading problem was a conflict with the latest update from Contact Form 7 and having now to use Google reCAPTCHA v3 as the only option. This caused some issues with very slow loading pages back and front end (up to 10 seconds). I found a workaround with a plugin but in the end decided to move to another wp plugin Simple Basic Contact Form. The effect of the new form was dramatic with much quicker loading times (under 2 seconds on average). Simple Basic Contact Form has a basic CAPTCHA which was a worry but the latest update included a honeypot.

I hope this info will help others identify similar problems.

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

You’re welcome Ivan ?.

I’m glad you could manage your issue.
    And thank you very much for your feedback, it’ll surely help other users!

Best regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Front and backend slowed to dead stop.’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site