Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Global Search no Results

This topic is resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 10 Posts
    @eversatile

Hello, first I would like to express that I wanted to post this in the ‘Compatible Plugins’ forum, but it seems to be closed to new topics.
    As for the problem, when I use the search form, it always says there are no results. Though, there are results in the subtabs but not the ‘all’ tab. I have attached a image. There is nothing in the server error logs for this issue.
    Also, I was wondering if you might know if it is possible to search for custom buddypress groups meta. Similar to user xprofile fields.

Roboraptor
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 350 Posts
    @roboraptor

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We provide support only during Belgian business hours (Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST), and our current response time can be up to 1 business day. We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer ASAP.

We really thank you for your patience!

In the meantime, feel free to check out our documentation resources for more help:

FAQ & Support Documentation

Kind regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

My best guess is that your issue might probably be caused by some conflicting third party plugin or some caching issues as we don’t encounter this issue with our demos.

Could you deactivate all plugins that have not been installed with your theme during its setup and all existing custom PHP code snippets please? And then, could you confirm me that the issue is still persisting please?

Please also make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date. Finally, you could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.

Thank you.

David
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 10 Posts
    @eversatile

I deactivated all plugins except for the global search and used a default theme, same results.
    I also received a error:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): (HY000/3685): Illegal argument to a regular expression. in /var/directory/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2169PHP message: WordPress database error Illegal argument to a regular expression. for query (  SELECT  DISTINCT id , 'posts' as type, post_title LIKE '%search%' AS relevance, post_date as entry_date   FROM prefix_posts p  WHERE 1=1 AND ( p.post_title LIKE '%search%' OR p.post_content LIKE '%search%' ) AND p.post_type = 'post' AND p.post_status = 'publish'  )  UNION (  SELECT  DISTINCT u.id, 'members' as type, u.display_name LIKE '%search%' AS relevance, a.date_recorded as entry_date  FROM  prefix_users u JOIN prefix_bp_activity a ON a.user_id=u.id  WHERE 1=1 AND u.id IN ( SELECT ID FROM prefix_users  WHERE ( display_name LIKE '%zenith%'  OR  ID IN ( SELECT user_id FROM prefix_usermeta WHERE meta_value LIKE '%search%' )  ) )  OR u.id IN ( SELECT user_id FROM prefix_bp_xprofile_data WHERE ( value LIKE '%search%' AND field_id IN ( 0,53) ) OR ( value REGEXP '[[:<:]]search[[:>:]]' AND field_id IN ( 0,48) ) )  AND  a.component = 'members'  AND  a.type = 'last_activity'  GROUP BY u.id  )  UNION (  SELECT  DISTIN...PHP message: PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): (HY000/3685): Illegal argument to a regular expression. in /var/directory/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2169PHP message: WordPress database error Illegal argument to a regular expression. for query  SELECT  COUNT( DISTINCT u.id )  FROM  prefix_users u JOIN prefix_bp_activity a ON a.user_id=u.id  WHERE 1=1 AND u.id IN ( SELECT ID FROM prefix_users  WHERE ( display_name LIKE '%search%'  OR  ID IN ( SELECT user_id FROM prefix_usermeta WHERE meta_value LIKE '%search%' )  ) )  OR u.id IN ( SELECT user_id FROM prefix_bp_xprofile_data WHERE ( value LIKE '%search%' AND field_id IN ( 0,53) ) OR ( value REGEXP '[[:<:]]search[[:>:]]' AND field_id IN ( 0,48) ) )  AND  a.component = 'members'  AND  a.type = 'last_activity'  made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/armadon/page.php'), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require('/themes/armadon/template-parts/content-page.php'), do_action('armadon_page'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, armadon_grimlock_page, do_action('grimlock_page'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Gr...', referer: https://site.com/

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): (HY000/3685): Illegal argument to a regular expression. in /var/directory/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2169PHP message: WordPress database error Illegal argument to a regular expression. for query (  SELECT  DISTINCT id , 'posts' as type, post_title LIKE '%search%' AS relevance, post_date as entry_date   FROM prefix_posts p  WHERE 1=1 AND ( p.post_title LIKE '%search%' OR p.post_content LIKE '%search%' ) AND p.post_type = 'post' AND p.post_status = 'publish'  )  UNION (  SELECT  DISTINCT u.id, 'members' as type, u.display_name LIKE '%search%' AS relevance, a.date_recorded as entry_date  FROM  prefix_users u JOIN prefix_bp_activity a ON a.user_id=u.id  WHERE 1=1 AND u.id IN ( SELECT ID FROM prefix_users  WHERE ( display_name LIKE '%search%'  OR  ID IN ( SELECT user_id FROM prefix_usermeta WHERE meta_value LIKE '%search%' )  ) )  OR u.id IN ( SELECT user_id FROM prefix_bp_xprofile_data WHERE ( value LIKE '%search%' AND field_id IN ( 0,53) ) OR ( value REGEXP '[[:<:]]search[[:>:]]' AND field_id IN ( 0,48) ) )  AND  a.component = 'members'  AND  a.type = 'last_activity'  GROUP BY u.id  )  UNION (  SELECT  DISTIN...', referer: https://site.com/
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback.

In that case, we think this issue might probably be related to a server misconfiguration. Could you please make sure that your server configuration is meeting the WordPress prerequisites? For more please review the following post: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

As theme authors, the installation, setting or debugging of third hosting servers isn’t part of the support we will provide. To go further, we invite you to ask for more help from your server hosting support. We believe that they’ll be better informed and more able to help you.

Could you please keep us up to date about this issue? By sharing the solution with us, I’m sure it will help other users facing the same issue. Moreover, we’re curious to know what’s causing this issue. By doing this, you’ll make a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! #SharingIsCaring 💪🏻

Regards,

David
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 10 Posts
    @eversatile

I operate my own server so there is no host for me to contact. I will try to look further into it to see if I can find a solution.
    Another piece of info is that I first installed on PHP 8.0, after finding out that some features were not working with that PHP version, I put it on PHP 7.4.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

We hope you’ll be able to find from where this issue is coming from David!

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Global Search no Results’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site