Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

GRIMLOCK BUDDYPRESS PLUGIN BREAKS YOUZER

This topic is resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @reignland

Hi,

I love the theme but when I install the Grimlock Buddypress Plugin, Youzer breaks.
    The header doesn’t load right and some widgets are missing.You said this new update would fix that but it hasn’t. I can’t really use the site without that grimlock plugin. I attached a picture of the broken header.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @reignland,

We’re very sorry for your trouble.

Could tell which version of Grimlock for BuddyPress do you have currently on your website please?

Thank you.

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @reignland,

After a deep check, it seems that following an update of the Youzer plugin, some header layouts of the profile are no longer correctly displayed with our theme.
    We’re working on it and a fix should be included in the next update, but in the meantime

Could you provide us with a link of your website please so we can give you a temporary fix?

Note that we assume that you have the latest version of “Grimlock for BuddyPress” and “Youzer” plugins.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ella
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @reignland

Hi,

Thanks so much. I have Youzer version 2.4.8 and Grimlock Buddpress version 1.2.7

The link is https://joingirlx.com

Do you need a login?

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @reignland,

I notice that you have changed the layout of the header of the member profile. Since the layout currently used does not seem to have any visual issue, there is nothing to fix.

Unless you prefer to use this one, can you revert to the old header layout so that we can test it and fix its display on your site?

PS: We find that the color scheme you have chosen (purple) looks very good and really works well with the theme!

Ella
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @reignland

Hi,

Yeah, sure thing. It has been changed back.

Thanks so much for the compliment. I wanted something not to girly.

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @reignland

You’re welcome !

To fix the header container issue (with the header layout 7), simply add the following code snippet to your website:

.yz-hdr-v7 .yz-cover-content {
        max-width: 1400px !important;
    }

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you paste it to the Custom CSS panel of your WordPress Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS”.

Pasting your code snippet there should do the trick for you.

After that, simply remove these lines from the Youzer custom code (to remove the white color) :

.yz-profile .yz-name h2,.yz-profile .yzb-head-content h2 {
    	color: #ffffff !important;
    }
    .yz-profile .yz-usermeta li span, .yz-profile .yzb-head-meta {
    	color: #ffffff !important;
    }

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ella
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @reignland

Hi,

Thanks, the first part worked but I can’t seem to find the snippet in the Youzer custom code. Can you tell me which folder it is in?

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @reignland,

I just saw in the code that the problematic style is generated by Youzer (see screenshot), so I assumed you entered some snippets via the settings of this plugin. Or maybe it’s just another plugin setting?

To see if this is the case, you just have to go to this url : YOURSITEURL/wp-admin/admin.php?page=youzer-panel&tab=custom-styling

Regards,

Ella
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @reignland

Hi,

I haven’t added any custom settings into Youzer. I found that second snippet it in something that says inlinestyle sheet #3 using inspect element. Where is that in the direcotry though?

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @reignland,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It’s best if we take a quick look at this…

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Thank you.

Ella
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @reignland
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @reignland,

There were errors on your site that prevented us from accessing it. Probably because you were actively working on it.

Since we have no idea where those lines of code come from, simply add the following code snippet to your website:

.yz-profile .yz-name h2,.yz-profile .yzb-head-content h2 {
    	color: #010103 !important;
    }

.yz-profile .yz-usermeta li span, .yz-profile .yzb-head-meta {
    	color: inherit !important;
    }

Pasting your code snippet there should do the trick for you.

Regards,

Ella
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @reignland

Hi,

Sorry about that! The code worked perfectly!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @reignland,

I’m glad to read that @themopteryx has been able to help you!

Cheers,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘GRIMLOCK BUDDYPRESS PLUGIN BREAKS YOUZER’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site