Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Grimlock for buddypress. Version 1.2.0

This topic is resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish

Hi support.

1. BuddyPress Featured Members icons changed, after updating grimlock for buddypress.
    2. Buddypress menu, gone on desktop. See picture!
    3. Cover picture header moved downwards. See picture!
    4. Text on buttons are not centered anymore.
    5. Match me icon shows on your own profile. Message: “You must login to see the percentage match”

Best regards Carsten.

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @privatedanish,

Thank you for your precious feedback.

We recently release a new version of your theme. We assume that you have successfully updated your theme and all the required plugins to the latest version.

1) Yes we have changed the default icon for this.
    2) There is definitely an issue in our Grimlock for BuddyPress plugin. Update this plugin to the latest version (1.2.2) should fix this issue.
    3, 4, 5) Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings. You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Regards,

Carsten
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @privatedanish,

2-3) The styling issues seems to be related with our recent Grimlock for BuddyPress update (v 1.2.3). Updating your plugin to v 1.2.4 should solve most of these issues. If that’s not the case, we’ll investigate them further.

1-4-5-6) Unfortunately, the Customizer and admin screen issues are not related with our theme or Grimlock for BuddyPress. I would suggest to try to reach the competent plugin author in order to make they are aware of these issues.

Finally, no child theme is needed unless you choose to build an entire new theme with extra custom features or to modify the provided templates. ?

Cheers,

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza

Hi guys,
    How to update the Grimlock for BuddyPress plugin to 1.2.4?
    I have the styling issues too.
    Please help,

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza

There is a problem with your update.
    Not possible to run the theme setup, i have an error page when i click on.
    Thanks to help.
    Regards,

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @beuza,

You should have a notification informing you to update the plugin. If this is not the case, you can try to force the update request (see screenshot).

If this still doesn’t work, you can download the latest version of the plugin (http://files.themosaurus.com/grimlock-buddypress/grimlock-buddypress.zip) and update manually.

Regards,

Carsten
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish

Hello again. 🙂

First, I had to restore a backup. To get back to the old setup/style!

1. Match me icon. Should not be shown, on the members own profile page!
    Please removed it!

2. Features members icon. I cannot see why a lightning icon is better that a flame icon and furthermore, it’s not replaced everywhere.
    Please keep it as is was!

3. See the number 18. Not centered! But is actually everywhere. Especially buttons.
    Please fix it.

5. An Issue with the nav header. It looks like the color is shining through. The color comes from the Global background color. See picture. Nav-1.
    Please turn it off. 🙂

These are some of the main styling issues, at least on my site. However, I have the same problems on my testing server.
    All styling issues, are more or less related to the buddypress profile page – and I think the Grimlock for buddypress is the villain.

I haven’t updated your plugins and theme!! Because, see pictures – I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

<<<<<<<<<<<<I hope you can fix these issues. If not, then I’ll not be able to update anymore>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Positive things regarding the update. The columns and rows styling, looks great. A table around the profiles fields, etc. Looks much better.

2. And after restoring, the poke me page is back.

3. And your right about the “BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types plugin”. I have already contacted buddydev and they said, that they are gonna fix, asap.

Best regards Carsten.

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza

Hi guys,

Grimlock for buddypress update creates a critical error on my site. Thanks to send to me the old version please!
    Furthermore, it’s not possible for me to go on a friend profile. It doesn’t stop loading!
    Your update is frankly not a success. Styling is buging. I have to use the old theme version.
    Thanks to help for Grimlock for Buddypress.
    Regards,

Beuza

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @beuza,

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience caused with the latest updates.

We really thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @beuza,

Can you tell us which versions of the “Grimlock” and “Grimlock for BuddyPress” plugins are currently enabled on your site?
    This will help us to target the error as soon as possible.

Regards,

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza

Hi @themopteryx,

The Grimlock version is 1.2.5 and Grimlock for Buddypress is 1.2.4, knowing i have deleted Grimlock for Buddypress (because it makes the site critical error) and i am using the theme 1.0.2 version because of the update styling issue (avatar in the left side menu, no more icons in the top right menu…)

Regards,

Beuza

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @beuza,

First, update the Grimlock plugin to version 1.2.6.
    If you don’t have this update, you can directly download the plugin here : http://files.themosaurus.com/grimlock/grimlock.zip

After that, you can reactivate the latest version of Grimlock BuddyPress plugin without worries (1.2.4).
    Then you can finally update your Cera theme to the latest version (1.0.4).

You must have Grimlock 1.2.6, Grimlock for BuddyPress 1.2.4 and Cera 1.0.4 to patch issues you have mentionned above.

I hope this will help and please keep us informed :).

Regards,

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza

Hi @themopteryx,

It works, Thank you!
    That said i still have the same bug when i go to someone profile, it doesn’t stop loading.
    I suspect Budypress Matching plugin to create this bug. Do you know how to fix it?

Regards,

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @beuza,

To help us getting clues and find a solution to this issue, please activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, by pasting the following code lines in your wp-config.php file, just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

More on this in the following topic: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

After that go again to this problematic page and see if there is any log.

Thank you.

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza
    Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @beuza,

These notices are just “warnings” and are not important (btw they will be fixed in a future update).

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Cheers,

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza
    Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @beuza,

There seems to be a problem with the rtmedia plugin (cf. screenshot).
    Try disabling this plugin to see if it works.

Regards,

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza

No change with the disabling of RTmedia.
    But when i disable Budypress Matchmaking it works. The problem is that i really need this plugin.
    It’s one of the reason i bought your beautiful theme.
    Thanks to help,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @beuza,

Maybe you should momentarily disable all activated plugins except for the plugins recommended by your theme. Then, I advise that you check if Match me for BuddyPress is functioning properly. In that case, I also suggest that you reactivate your plugins one by one to find which one is conflicting with Match me for BuddyPress.

If that doesn’t solve your issue, I would suggest to try to reach the plugin author. They might have a more precise answer.

Cheers,

Carsten
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish

Hi guys, is it allowed to make suggestions or try to help. Regarding the Match Me issue?

Best regards Carsten.

Erembert
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 34 Posts
    @beuza

Hi Carsten,

Thank you very much for your intention.
    I suppose yes you can help, i think it is the purpose of a forum. If not, you can send to me your suggestion here lerembert@gmail.com.

Best regards,

Carsten
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish

Hi Erembert.

I guess you’re right. So I will post it here. Maybe others will find it useful.
    I had a few issues with the Match me for buddypress plugin. When I Installed Gwangi dating theme, the first time.

Now I don’t know, If you have done any customization yet.
    But sometimes it’s best to start all over. With a clean installation.

1. Clear your browser and install wordpress again on your server. Login in to wordpress site and update wordpress, etc.
    2. Before you download and install your theme.
    3. You should install and acvivate this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/
    Then go to updraftplus settings and make a backup.
    4. Install your theme and activate it and then click the theme setup and follow the setup steps.
    5. Now you should have a clean installation, with all recommended plugins installed.

If you still have an issue(S). Then is definitely related to your theme.

But before you do this, you should try these actions and follow the checklist below.

Check list:
    1. Try to open the match me settings.
    2. Choose a few fields and fill in a percentage in each – 10 or 20.
    3. Then click save settings and check if the issue is gone.
    If that didn’t work!
    1. Try to deactivate woocommerce!
    If that didn’t work!
    1. Open buddypress settings and make sure all component are activated.
    If that didn’t work!
    Open settings and click on general. Make sure to set it to “Anyone can register”
    Open settings and check if your parmalinks is set to /%postname%/

If you have tried and checked all these options and you still have the issue. Then there is nothing wrong with the Match me for buddypress plugin. Then is the your theme, an update or another plugin!

To make sure that it is your theme or another plugin, that causes the issue. Then you should try the above. That means start all over, with a clean installation and after that, run the check list again.

Best regards Carsten and good luck.

—————————————————————————-
    To avoid seeing wordpress warnings. You should replace –
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false); OR define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

with

ini_set(‘log_errors’,’On’);
    ini_set(‘display_errors’,’Off’);
    ini_set(‘error_reporting’, E_ALL );
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true);
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false);

in

public_html/wp-config.php
    ——————————————————————————-

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Grimlock for buddypress. Version 1.2.0’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site