Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Grimlock query (Meta key)

This topic is resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 4 Posts
    @flamethrower

Hi,
    I am trying to use the Grimlock Query widget to display certain pages. So it’d be something like:
    I need to display pages which have titles that contain “Guides” in them.

So I need to put in the page title in “meta_key” – where can I find taxonomies for fields like “page title”. I tried using ‘title’ and ‘page_title’. It didn’t work.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @flamethrower,

I’m not sure that I quite understand what you’re trying to achieve. You can still provide us screenshots of your widget options so I can have a clearer view on your settings.

Please note that Grimlock queries are plain old WordPress queries. So, when querying the “Page” content type, you cannot filter using any taxonomies as they usually don’t apply to pages by default. Furthermore, the meta_key field is only useful for WordPress meta queries. For instance, if you’ve set a custom field (also called metadata) for your pages and wish to query all page with a specific (meta) value for a specific (meta) key. For more, please read the following post:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Meta_Query

In my opinion, the simplest way to display the chosen page in a Grimlock widget is with the “Grimlock Navigation” widget. First, please go to “Appearance > Menus” and create a new menu. You can add any pages that you want to this menu. Then, navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Widgets” and add a new Grimlock Navigation widget to the area that wish. From there, you can select the menu and edit your widget -style and layout- to showcase your content in a way that fits your needs.

It should solve your issue.

Best regards,

Saurabh
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 4 Posts
    @flamethrower

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the detailed response. Your way helped for the most part. There is a slight issue with the featured images of the pages being displayed. As you can see in the attached pic, none of the featured images of the pages is being displayed.

Any workarounds for this?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @flamethrower,

Yes, there is ?
    This issue is coming from the fact that for WordPress, menu item targeting pages and these specific pages are two separated database objects. Furthermore, WP doesn’t support featured images for menu items by default. So, page featured images will not be displayed in your menus automatically.

However, there’s a workaround for this issue. You can download the following plugin:

Menu Image

It’s supported by our themes and you can safely activate it to start adding images to your menus. They will be displayed as expected in your Grimlock Navigation widget.

For more, please watch the following video as it addresses the same issue:

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Grimlock query (Meta key)’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site