Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Grimlock update crashes menu

This topic is resolved
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1

Hi there,
    I have just updated the Grimlock plugin and it crashed my menu. As per your advice in the other thread, I have also updated the Gwangi theme but that didn’t solve my issue. I also cleared my browser cache.
    How can I fix this?

Addition question: Do you have a shortcode for placing a (primary or secondary) button? I would like to add buttons to my pages or posts in the same style.

Kind regards,
    Jeanine

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Jeanine,

We also released an update for all child themes. I see that you are currently using the Gwangi Youth child theme in version 1.0.7. If you go to Dashboard > Updates you should be able to update it to version 1.1.0 and that should resolve your issue.

Kind regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

About the button, there is no shortcode included to make buttons in Gwangi. But it is pretty easy to make a button in HTML, here is an example for you:

<a href="https://themosaurus.com" class="btn btn-primary">My button</a>

You can paste that snippet in the Text tab of the editor. If you want to make a secondary button, you just need to change btn-primary by btn-secondary

Kind regards,

Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1

I have solved: 3. When click on a course, suddenly the course page is broken: https://thesweetstartup.com/courses/the-starting-phase/
    This has to do with plugin Yoast SEO. After deactivating the plugin, the course page is showing again.

However, it is still having problems:
    1. On the course page my black admin bar has disappeared. On other pages it is still showing.
    2. The featured image is showing twice.
    3. Any changes made through the Customizer are not showing on the page. For instance: I want to show both sidebars (left and right) and I save this option in the Customizer, it is not showing on the page.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Jeanine,

We’re really sorry for your trouble with the theme update. You’ve made such good work with our product and a very beautiful website. We understand the frustration of loosing all your modifications.
    And you’re probably right, the issue might come from the directory name existing twice in your themes folder.
    Maybe you could try to export with Customizer Import/Export (https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/), update your child theme and then importing your Customizer settings.
    This way, you can solve this issue now and still update in the future.

1-2-3) Did you install and activate Grimlock for Learndash? You can download this free add-on for Grimlock here:
    https://files.themosaurus.com/grimlock-learndash/grimlock-learndash.zip

Once it’s done, can you reply with a screenshot ? We’ll see which issues persist.

Cheers

Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1

Hello. I have updated by your instructions and I have exported/imported the Customizer settings.
    But also all the widgets are deleted and they are gone.. So something is not going right.
    >>EDIT: I have fixed this by also exporting widgets and importing them again. However, I hope this issue will be fixed in next updates.

Yes I already have Grimlock for Learndash activated. In my previous question I already send a screenshot, it is still the same.
    Also after activating the child theme (even though widgets are not working) nothing has changed.
    It did however fix my first question about the navigation bar.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Jeanine,

We’re sorry for the trouble you’re experiencing with this update.

1) This issue seem to be related with a PHP server error as neither your admin bar nor your footer widgets are displayed anymore. Moreover, your course pages are not scrollable anymore. Can please send us your WordPress logs so we can better identify from where this bug is coming from?
    To activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, like following:
    define ('WP_DEBUG', TRUE);
    You will find this constant in your wp-config.php file.
    More on this in the following topic: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

2-3) These issues might be solved when we’ll get through the previous one. Let’s solve this one first and we’ll continue from there.

Great news if the navigation issue has been fixed. We’re progressing. ?

We’ll be waiting for your logs. Please post the results as a private reply.

Cheers

Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Jeanine,

Yes, that’s it. Unfortunately, this error doesn’t tell us much.

So, let’s try to force WP to give us a more precise error so we can progress further.
    Could please visit your course page and then go to your logs to see if WP gives you a different error? In that case, please post your news logs.

Thank you very much.

Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1
    Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus
    Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Jeanine,

Good news! We’ve found what causing your issue! ?

The WP formatting error is triggered by a LearnDash template modified in our theme. For reasons we can’t explain yet, you’re the first to experience this issue. Thanks to your great feedback, we will be able to fix this ASAP and release a new Gwangi update containing the patch.

Moreover, Our Dev team is back on Monday and will also fix your website to help move forward with your project. In the meantime, you can restart adding courses to your website as we’ve removed the broken template from your theme.

Please rest assured that this issue is at the top of our priorities.

We’re truly sorry for your inconvenience and we thank you very much for your patience.

Best,

Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1

That’s great to hear. Thanks so much for your help and I will wait for the update 🙂

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @Jeanine,

We’re investigating your case at this very moment.
    Therefore You may encounter some problems.

We will inform you as soon as the problem is solved!

Regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Jeanine,

My colleagues have fixed your course page. It seems everything is running smoothly now.
    Can you confirm that’s also the case when you’re visiting your website?

Thank you for your reply.

Jeanine
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 14 Posts
    @jeanineh1

Hi there,
    Yes the issue has been fixed! Thank you very much for your help 🙂

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

You’re welcome. ?
    Best,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Grimlock update crashes menu’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site