Grimlock widget posts section: Featured posts

Home Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Feature Requests Grimlock widget posts section: Featured posts

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manathan 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pilgrim Creative Team
    Participant
    • 40 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello,
    I am trying to use the Grimlock widget on my home page to display only featured (pinned) posts. Is there a way to achieve this? I see fields for metadata but don’t really understand how to use these. There is also a checkbox to include/exclude featured (pinned) posts but it doesn’t do what I want.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Pilgrim Creative Team
    Participant
    • 40 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

I’m adding this message for more information and also so this thread will be easier to find in your documentation. I’m using the terms “featured” and “pinned” posts, but I think in your documentation you refer to them as “sticky” posts.

Also, is there a way to add a pin icon or some visual distinction to show they are featured? There is a different border color on the posts page, but nothing on the homepage when using the Grimlock widget. Thanks!

Pilgrim Creative Team
    Participant
    • 40 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Once again I’m making my own questions obsolete haha… I found how to show the featured “pin” on the widget: in the customizer, in the display posts options, select “Display format”. So that bit is done. Still trying to find a way to display only sticky posts though.
    It would also be interesting to be able to change the featured icon, and/or the general styling of the featured posts in the grimlock section 🤯🚀

Thanks for your support!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    • 415 Posts
    @themodactyl
    Themosaurus Support

Hi @pilgrimteam,

This is standard design with WordPress, I’m afraid.

As this is not breaking the page, changing this is considered customization work. Unfortunately, this is a service that we do not provide.

We only share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you hire a freelancer to do it for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best,

Pilgrim Creative Team
    Participant
    • 40 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello @themodactyl,

Thanks for your answer.
    However, is it really standard design with WordPress since I’m talking about options inside your plugin “Grimlock”? Maybe I’m wrong, I’ll take a look to see what I can do on my side, either with the help of developers or some plugin.

Anyways, this could be a cool thing to add to the feature requests, but I’ll find my own way for now!

Have a great week,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    • 415 Posts
    @themodactyl
    Themosaurus Support

Hi @pilgrimteam,

After discussing your suggestion with our product manager, we’ve agreed that it would be nice to be able to query only sticky posts.

Please note that I took the liberty to move this topic to our Feature Requests forum. As your idea could be a nice addition to our theme, we will implement this feature if other community members upvote your request.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to this theme!

Best regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.