Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Group Invite problems

This topic is resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

The group invite feature seems not to work. I have tried it with and without the “invite anyone” plugin. Without the “invite anyone” plugin it only shows me my friends, and when I select them and send the invite it confirms I sent the invite successfully but the user never receives the invite.

With the “invite anyone” plugin I can select from any user (which is good) but when I click the “invite” button nothing happens.

When I send invites via email it will successfully deliver the email but it will only direct the user to register on the site and once registered they are not included in the group they were invited to.

Further, it displays an error when users attempt to request to join a group.

Brian Robbins
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

I should add that I disabled PMPro plugin because it was causing issues with the members directory.

Brian Robbins
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

I turned the PmPro plugin back on because I need it to make the site exclusive.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @brobbins,

Our theme supports Paid Memberships Pro and some add-ons are available on the author website to go further if necessary, including one for BuddyPress restrictions:

BuddyPress Integration

Maybe this will improve the integration with BuddyPress.

Unfortunately, we have no clue of how you could solve this group invite issue… ?‍♂️

As this issue is related with BuddyPress, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://buddypress.org/support/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Tom Landon
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @tomlandon

Hello everybody – and my thanks in advance to receive your urgently needed reply by return.
    Well, i have the same issue – almost. Whenever i trie to invite somebody to one of my groups, the list of friends is correctly shown, but as soon, as i click one member to be added to the list of people i would like to invite, the list will be refreshed. So i tried this with a different theme (standard WP2020 theme) – and the group invitations are working PROPERLY. After re-activating the CERA THEME it does not work anymore – and the list of possible group members shown with its multiple checkboxes is refreshed again, the chosen friend will not be added to the people, which have to receive the group invitation.
    It would be very helpful, if you could look over that, because this is mandatory to your great template which is published as a “BuddyPress Theme”. Important: I do NOT use the “BP Invite Anyone” plug-in, because with this plug-in enabled the shown avatars are shown bloated and blurry – and mail invitations are not sent out. So it would not make any sense. With the CERA theme deactivated even the “BP invite anyone” plug-in is working – with group invitations.
    Thanks a lot!
    Truly

Tom

Brian Robbins
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Buddypress and the problem persists.

Brian Robbins
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

If this is a problem with Buddypress then it would also be a problem with the theme since the theme is a buddypress theme, yes?

Surely there is a solution here.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @brobbins,

Unfortunately, issues with BuddyPress, or any other third party plugin, are unrelated with our theme and thus, they are not part of the support that we can provide for Cera.

We will only correct issues caused by our theme, as @tomlandon is suggesting.

To go further and report BP issues, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://buddypress.org/support/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@tomlandon, could you confirm that you don’t have currently BP Invite Anyone activated but still experiencing issues with the group invites when (and only when) Cera is activated ?

Could you deactivate all plugins that have not been installed with your theme during its setup and all existing custom PHP code snippets please? And then, could you confirm me that the issue is still persisting please?

Please also make that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date. Finally, you could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further.

Thank you.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@brobbins, to make this clear, are you experiencing this group invite issue with BP Invite Anyone activated or not ?

Thank you.

PS: Please note that BP Invite Anyone is not part of the list of plugins supported by our theme.

Brian Robbins
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

I have tried basically everything. I have uninstalled all plugins that did not come with the theme. I have also tried uninstalling plugins that came with the theme but aren’t a part of the membership function, like docs and events etc. I have done a fresh install of the theme. I have switched to other themes and the problem persists in other themes. I have tried reverting back to two previous versions of buddypress. I have had 3 wordpress bug fixers on Fiverr look at it and all have refunded my money because they can’t fix it.

The only thing I haven’t done is completely wipe the server and reinstall WordPress from scratch.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

I’m very sorry about this @brobbins. And what did the BuddyPress support team replied to your question ?

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Group Invite problems’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site