Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

H1 tags broken

This topic is resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

On my landing pages 3 H1 tags are getting detected.

The name of the site comes as a H1 tag

and 1x title creates 2x H1 TAGS under the site name….

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

The site name comes up as a H1 tag, when you place a title it creates 2 H1 duplicate tags.

If you remove the title and add just a H1 tag, the crawler detected an empty H1 tag from the title and the page H1 tag

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Joe,

Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

Thank you.

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

Great “SEO friendly theme” has ruined my whole ranking.

What do you need a screen shot of ?

MY PAGE HAS 1 TITLE
    AND IS SHOWING 3X H1 TAGS!!!!!!

IT ONLY HAS 1 TITLE….

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

Put a title on a page = It shows 2x duplicate H1 tags and another H1 tag with the site name.

Remove the title and add a H1 header = it shows the H1 header / and empty H1 tag from the title and the site name as a H1 tag

THE ONLY H1 TAG SHOULD BE THE TITLE OR THE HEADER… NOT BOTH..

REMOVE SITE NAME AS H1 TAG… This is terrible practice for SEO…

And remove that the theme is SEO frendly because its clearnly not even close.

and PS…. a screenshot of 1x title on a empty page is not going to help anything.

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

If the problem is not fixed, i will be claiming damages in a local claim court. I have over 200k worth of SEO on this website and your false advertising has ruined it all.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

I ask you a screenshot because I didn’t understand a thing of what you were explaining. Can I please ask you to display more courtesy? Thank you in advance.

We will take a look at your comments and come back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

With only a title

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

My mistake.. These are the actual titles.. the last post was the H1 header.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you Joe for your feedback. 🙂

I made some tests on our Armadon demo, but I can’t reproduce your issue. The H1 tag is only used in the header of a single page or a single post. I check the console but I can’t find another H1 in the same page/post. For that reason, I think this issue might come from a misconfiguration on you end. In that case, it’s best if we take a quick look at this.

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us. Btw, can you send us the link of a page where this issue is occurring?

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Joe,

Thank you for granting us access to your WP Admin.

Could you share the URL to your website with us please? You can post it in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Thank you.

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Joe, 🙂

Thank you for your feedback.

I wasn’t able to log in as it seems the credentials you provide us are not working.

However, thanks to your screenshots, I was able to understand where exactly you found these h1.

Screenshot in reply #36475:This is the title of your site, so it is quite logical that it is an h1. Note that the title of your site appears on all your pages, that’s why you will always find this h1 at this place.

Screenshot in reply #36477: This is the title of the pages, they all have to be tagged as h1. I strongly advise against changing this.

Please note that I visited your website, but I didn’t find any h1 in the breadcrumb. Can you please send me the url of the page where you’re facing this issue?

Concerning the fact that the titles of the articles displayed on the home page are h2, it makes sense. As I told you, the h1 should be the title of the page (and the title of the site, of course). The title of the article will be displayed as h1 when you click on it to go to the single article. I hope this will be understandable.

I think this article from Yoast SEO might catch your attention: https://yoast.com/one-h1-heading-per-post/

In case I didn’t get something right, please feel free to tell me. However, if I understand your comments correctly, there are no SEO errors.

Cheers,

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68
    Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

Site title as H1 is bad practice for SEO, as it even states in the artical you linked.. https://yoast.com/one-h1-heading-per-post/

“Using headings in the right way helps your SEO. What you learned with this post is quite simple. An H1 heading is the title of your post. You don’t want double or triple titles, so make sure to use the H1 heading only once”

“In WordPress, headings are ordered in ranks (or levels). The highest rank is H1, and that is the title of your post or page.”

I have duplicate titles, and the wrong h1 tags showing on content pages. Even if i create a blank page, the problem persists.

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

Even if you could make NEW PAGES not have the site name at a H1, Remove site title H1 and just allow the user to place his own H1. This would make the theme much more SEO friendly. ATM this is not friendly at all 🙂

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your feedback.

We did some research. As I told you, we strongly believe that the site title should be an h1. Note that the article I sent you says that only one h1 should be used per page, and in a way that’s right. But here we are talking about the site title, which is really important. For this reason, to make sure your users can find your site easily with SEO, it is recommended to use the h1.

We think these articles might catch your attention:

1. The Truth About Multiple H1 Tags And SEO
    2. Multiple H1 Tags on Page is Perfectly Fine in SEO

Note that the site title will be displayed on every page, this is standard behaviour. This is why you can find this title on brand new page.

Concerning the pages you send me, it seems you used a h1 manually. You have to change the title in the content for h2. Please find the attached screenshots.

Hope this will help you. Don’t hesitate to come back to me if you need more explanations.

Cheers,

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

The site name should not be a H1 tag for pages. For the home page.. yes maybe

A content page is for keywords. We are not trying to rank the site name. Just the content and Keywords we want. Hence hy Site name is bad for H1 tag.

The Site name is completley irrelivent to the H1 tag on a content page. and only damages it.

Most SEO plugins add the site name into the title anyways so this means your getting duplicate site names in the titles as you FORCE us to use one.

Changing the H1 header to H2 does nothing. It still shows DUPLICATE H1 tags.

You are not testing these problems at all and in the process my website is just continuing to be damaged.

It took me 20 seconds to change the H1 to H2 and test…. THE TAGE ARE STILL DUPLICATED FROM THE TITLE !!!!!!!

This is the only theme i have used out of hundreds. That forces you to have a H1 site title.

Whoever is incharge of SEO here should be sacked to be honest.

Joe
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 26 Posts
    @joeb68

“But here we are talking about the site title, which is really important. For this reason, to make sure your users can find your site easily with SEO, it is recommended to use the h1. ”

lmao.. SEO is not based on one keyword being the site name.

Your telling me you just expect people to randomly add (in my case) “bypass” in their searched

If they knew to search for BYPASS.. WE WOULD NOT NEED SEO!

We would not need SEO if people knew my site already and search for bypass lol………..

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘H1 tags broken’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site