Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Hero Customization: Is there a way to make background image clickable (link)?

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Gwangi – PRO Multi-Purpose Membership, Social Network & BuddyPress Community Theme Theme Customizer Appearance Hero Customization: Is there a way to make background image clickable (link)?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @newbienewgirl

First, I should probably confess that I am a total/thorough Word Press newbie – but I also have to say that I’ve been having so much fun with this theme! I am just endlessly enjoying the ability to customize and fiddle with design elements… I probably need to ask some questions that arouse and get my project ready to be tested and formal-ish-ly launched.

Is there a way to make the background image of the Hero into a clickable object? Right now, my logo is on the background and my goal is to allow people to click the image to go straight to the forums. I’m familiar with how to do this in html, but I wasn’t sure if there was a built-in way with this theme – or if I should add a snippet?

I’m attaching the mock up for the design – basically the “Welcome to…” text is a png used as the thumbnail – the labyrinth logo is the jpeg background image (this is what I’d love to get to be a clickable link.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi Lia,

Thanks for getting in touch! We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer shortly. 🙂

We’re experiencing a much larger number of requests than usual so our wait times are longer than expected. We’re working hard to get back to you as quickly as we can and we really appreciate your patience!

In the meantime, feel free to check out our documentation resources for more help:

FAQ & Support Documentation

Kind regards,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi Lia,

Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate reading about what you’re doing with our theme! 🙂

Unfortunately, this is standard design with our theme, I’m afraid. I would advise using the button available in your Hero section to let users access the desired page of your site. Another way might be to build your entire Homepage using the Gutenberg editor and do it from there, but it seems far more complicated that using the Hero button.

Otherwise, as this is a known limitation that is not breaking your homepage page, changing this is considered customization work. Unfortunately, this is a service that we do not provide.

We only share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you hire a freelancer to do it for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Thank you for your understanding.

Lia
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @newbienewgirl

Hey!

Thanks for the reply – I’ll look into some of your suggestions. Thanks so much!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Lia,

I’ glad to read that Olivier was able to help you. 🙂

If you need more help, feel free to create a new topic.

Cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hero Customization: Is there a way to make background image clickable (link)?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site