Hide the name of the theme in the source code of the web site

Home Forums Gwangi – Dating & Matchmaking Community Theme Fine Tuning Child Themes Hide the name of the theme in the source code of the web site

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themosaurus 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Claire
    Participant
    • 10 Posts
    @babadj

Hello !

I would like to know how can I hide the name of the theme in the source code of the web site?
    I don’t want to prevent the right click on the web site, only to hide it in the code without creating a crash on it 🙂

A lot of web site are using design in their source code to replace it like the screenshot attached !

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Claire

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1225 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @babadj,

For our good understanding, what are you trying to achieve by disabling the right click and hiding the HTML code from your website?

Thank you for you reply.

Claire
    Participant
    • 10 Posts
    @babadj
    This reply has been marked as private.

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1225 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @babadj,

Unfortunately, there is no best way to hide these information from your web pages. Several plugins exists to hide WordPress information on your website:

WP Hide & Security Enhancer

Hide My WP – WordPress Security Plugin

https://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-amazing-security-plugin-for-wordpress/4177158

These plugins should let you change the displayed name for your theme or hide it completely.

However, please bear in mind that these type of change might have a deeper effect on the way your website is running. For instance, new theme paths might lead to broken script or stylesheet URLs, or might even prevent you from updating your theme in the future. And in that case, we won’t be able to help you with these issues.

It seems best to finish the setup of your website, create a backup and then toy a bit with these plugins to see if they answer your concern.

Regards,

Claire
    Participant
    • 10 Posts
    @babadj

This is great, I try both but the best is the first plugin 😉

Thanks a lot for your help !

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1225 Posts
    @themosaurus

You’re welcome. 🙂

Best regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hide the name of the theme in the source code of the web site’ is closed to new replies.