Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Hiding the menu bar

This topic is resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @jasonjjco

How do i hide the menu from non-registered users?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @jasonjjco,

Could try to uncheck the “Show the Toolbar for logged out users” please?

You can edit this by going to your BuddyPress settings. Simply go to your dashboard and navigate to “Settings > BuddyPress”. Then, just open the “Options” tab and uncheck the suggested box.

Best regards,

jason
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @jasonjjco

Hi @themdotactyl, i have tried your suggestion but the menu still appears on the registration page for non-registered users. i have attached the screenshots, kindly assist. thanks.

i have search the forum for answers on this and i manage to successfully hide the menu from the non-registered users in the login page.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @jasonjjco,

To control the visibility of your menu items, it seems that the best solutions around are the following plugins:

However, please note that neither of these plugins have been tested or integrated with our product. So, we can’t guarantee that everything will work as expected, even though we believe there shouldn’t be any issues as they mostly appear in the WP admin.

Also, this will not hide the vertical navigation from the unregistered users but it change the menu contained. If you wish to hide it entirely, please tell me and I will provide a CSS snippet to do so

Best,

jason
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @jasonjjco

Hi, please assist in providing the code. I want to hide it from non-registered users. Thanks in advance

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @jasonjjco,

Did you already installed and activated the visibility plugin of your choice?

If not, please do this first and select the most appropriate settings regarding the menu items shown on your the register page. Then, could you share the URL to your website with us please? You can post it in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

I’ll reply with the most appropriate CSS snippet.

Thank you.

jason
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @jasonjjco
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@jasonjjco Thank you for sharing this URL with me. Please note that has long as you don’t use one of the plugins suggested above, the menu items will still be printed in the HTML code of you page, those will only be hidden by the following snippet.

To hide the vertical navbar, simply add the following code snippet to your website:

/* Hide vertical navbar for unregistered users */

@media (min-width: 992px) {
        .slideout-wrapper {
            display: none !important;
        }

.grimlock--navigation-fixed-left #site{
            margin-left: 0 !important;
        }

.grimlock--navigation-fixed-left.grimlock--navigation-fixed .hamburger-navbar {
            left: 0 !important;
        }

.logged-in .slideout-wrapper {
            display: block !important;
        }

.logged-in.grimlock--navigation-fixed-left #site {
            margin-left: 275px !important;
        }
        .logged-in.grimlock--navigation-fixed-left.grimlock--navigation-fixed .hamburger-navbar {
            left: 275px !important;
        }
    }

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you paste it to the Custom CSS panel of your WordPress Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS”.
    Pasting your code snippet there should do the trick for you.

Also, it’s important to remember that we share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you require customization work.

Andrea
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 133 Posts
    @youfriend

@themosaurusrex Amazing! I was looking for that code

jason
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @jasonjjco

Hi, thanks for the code! it is resolved now.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @jasonjjco,

I’m glad to read that @themosaurusrex has been able to help you!

Cheers,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hiding the menu bar’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site