Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Home page content Gutenberg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan
    Up
    ::

Hi

Is it possible to consider to have homepage content more flexible using Gutenberg rather than Grimlock?

I changed template-homepage.php to get content of page ; I added the loop after
    do_action( 'gwangi_homepage'
    I can design homepage exactly like I want using” Banniere” before page content but I cannot use Grimlock widget

Thanks

Johan

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan,

If you wish to use Gutenberg for your page, the simpler option is to select one of the other page templates (Default, Full Width, etc). Those don’t include the gwangi_homepage action. However, the design possibilities will be limited as Gwangi doesn’t provide full support for Gutenberg. This feature is still in development.

Also, it’s recommended to use Grimlock widgets in Before/After Content and Homepage widget areas.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

My suggestion is kind of related to Grimlock Section Gutenberg

I cannot use an other template to build home with Gutenberg.
    To build home with Gutenberg we need
    – Having a template without header, custome header, title
    – With Gutenberg it is not possible to get Hero
    That’s why I tricked template home including the loop after gwangi_homepage

Did you plan to have those possibilies with Gutemberg integration
    – Template ‘Home Gutenberg’ without header, title ?
    – Hero as shortcode and / or block ?
    – Or to have a template ‘Home Gutenberg Hero’ with options in customizer like actual template ?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan,

Our plan is to remove the gwangi_homepage action from the homepage template to allow content instead of widgets. To be able to create similar pages as we have today, we’ll transform Grimlock Section widgets into blocks. The plan is also to be able to mix them widget plain old page content or blocks from other libraries.

Grimlock Hero will remain available from the Customizer.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Hi @themosaurusrex

Sounds good !
    It seems you are doing what I expect and how I would like the template to work

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Hi @themosaurusrex

I am wondering, removing gwangi_homepage action from homepage template means that content from Widget will not display any more.
    Will we have to build again the page(s) ?
    Or do you plan to include a migration tool to bring content from Widget to pages ?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan,

I’m sorry that I haven’t been quite specific enough. We’ll keep gwangi_homepage and the widgets to prevent backward compatibility issues. However, those won’t be necessary anymore as everything will be supported in Gutenberg.

The website using the current homepage format will continue to work until further notice.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

All clear !
    Thanks for answer !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site