Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Home page search form

This topic is resolved
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe

Everything work fine, but in the search form, when i choose an option from a scroll bar i have a blank line right after the “——–“.
    So the first item is a plain line, then a blank line, then all items are list.

Any way to get rid of that blank line?
    Thank you!

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @pragmacafe,

Thank you for your precious feedback. There is definitely an issue in our theme which will be fixed in the next update.

In the meantime, here is a CSS snippet that should resolve the issue while we work on the update :

.bps_form .editfield .bps-custom-select select option:not([value*=" "]) {
        display: none;
    }

You can paste this CSS snippet by going in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from your admin dashboard.

Best,

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe

Thank you for the quick response, however, now the list doesn’t show anything or only somme line. Like the from…to i get nothing in the list, the city (ville) down down list i have maybe 10 items only.
    regards

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @pragmacafe,

Could you please create a new website user for us? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Cheers,

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @pragmacafe,

Thanks for the credentials.

I took a look at your website and adapted the code snippet to make it work properly. Your options should all be displayed as expected now.

I’m posting the updated snippet here for any other user that would encounter the same issue :

.bps_form .editfield .bps-custom-select select option:empty {
    }

Can you please confirm that it is working for you ?

Best regards,

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe

Working perfectly! Thank you so much and have a great day!
    best regards

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

You’re welcome 🙂

Hope you have a great day as well!

Best regards,

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe

Hello Jason,
    i have some questions, #1 as seen on image, is it possible to hide/remove the image profil from that menu, so that menu and sub items as well since i will use a custom menu?

#2 on the image the text “Forgot your password?” is written from top to bottom, i’m wondering if i did something worg or if it was like that.
    Anyway to put it as normal? 😉

#3 My last one is if it is possible, when a user subscribe, to have the option to change the visibility on the “Name” field.
    Instead of being visible to all, if it can be visible only for the user, otherwise, I would like to hide it.

Thanks again for your help!
    Pierre
    pragmacafe.com

In case, i’m giving you, in private, an admin login if you ever need it

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @pragmacafe,

In the future please try to create a new topic for each question you have. This allows us to be more organized and makes it easier for other members to find answers if they have the same questions as you. Doing that would be a great contribution to this forum 🙂

1. By default there is no option to hide this element. However, since this can be resolved with a simple CSS snippet, I will exceptionally provide you with the code to hide this element:

.main-navigation .navbar-nav--buddypress {
    }

Please note that we don’t usually provide code snippets (except for fixing bugs before an update) and we are only giving you this as a courtesy.
    You can paste this snippet by going in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from your admin dashboard.

2. This is a known bug that happens only in Firefox browser. It will be fixed in the next update. Here is another code snippet that should fix the bug while you wait for the next update:

#loginform .login-submit {
       float: none !important;
    }

#buddypress .standard-form#signup_form textarea {
       width: 100% !important;
    }

#buddypress:not(.youzer) div.dir-search .field_type_textarea label,
    #buddypress:not(.youzer) .standard-form .field_type_textarea label {
       margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }

3. The Name field is the only field for which you can’t change the visibility. This is a limitation from BuddyPress and unfortunately we can’t do anything about it. My suggestion would be to rename that field to something like “Username” or “Nickname” and then create your own “Name” field where you can choose your own visibility.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Pierre Laroche
    Participant
    • 27 Topics
    • 88 Posts
    @pragmacafe

“Please note that we don’t usually provide code snippets…”
    Oups..:) good to know and sorry about that! 🙂
    Thank you so much and everything works perfectly

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @pragmacafe,

You’re welcome, glad to know this helped you 🙂

Best regards,

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi there,

As you might already know, we recently released a new version of Gwangi. Updating your theme and all the required plugins to the latest version should fix these issues (login form and profile search form).

To update your theme, you can download and install the Envato Market plugin (https://envato.com/market-plugin/) on your WordPress site.

Once the plugin is installed and activated, go to “Envato Market” in your admin menu and follow the instructions under “Activate Envato API Connection”.

When this is done, you will see your purchased themes under the “Themes” tab and you should be able to update your Gwangi theme from there by clicking the “Update available” button.

Regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Home page search form’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site