Homepage Slider only

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier Cardoen 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Madalin
    Participant
    • 20 Posts
    @electricspeed

Hello,

How do I add a slider only on the homepage, like in your demo. I’ve added a widget but that appears on all pages.

Olivier Cardoen
    Participant
    • 338 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @electricspeed,

To which widget area did you add the widget? Could you please post screenshots of your website admin or your Customizer? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

If, by any chance, you’ve added your slider widget to the “Before Content”, it will be shown on every pages. However, moving the widget to the “Homepage-Before Content” or “Homepage” widget areas will make the widget appear only on your Homepage.

Cheers,

Madalin
    Participant
    • 20 Posts
    @electricspeed

Hello Olivier,

Yes, it’s added to “Before Content” widget since adding it to “Homepage” widget will make the right sidebar to go under the main content, the slider will also not be correctly displayed on the full width page, basically the whole layout is not looking how it should.

I do not have the “Homepage-Before Content” widget. You can see in the picture bellow all my widgets.

Regards,
    Madalin

Olivier Cardoen
    Participant
    • 338 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @electricspeed,

I see that you don’t have the “Homepage – Before Content” like we do on our demos.

No worries, it’s pretty easy to set up, like creating a new menu. Simply go to “Appearance > Theme Sidebars” and then, create a new widget area to override the Before Content. You can do so for your Homepage only.

If you wish to receive a complete explanation of this, please read the following post:

Creating Custom Widget Areas

Then, just move the widget to your new “Homepage – Before Content” and you’ll be set! 🙂

Please also note that you could create as many widget area as you wish to showcase suggested content on other pages. It’s not limited to your Homepage.

I hope that it will do the trick for you.

Best,

Madalin
    Participant
    • 20 Posts
    @electricspeed

Thank you for explanation, I created a new widget and now it’s okay. 😉

Olivier Cardoen
    Participant
    • 338 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome. 🙂

Best regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Homepage Slider only’ is closed to new replies.