Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How can I change the item-buttons, on the users profile picture?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish

Hi support team.

How can I change the item-buttons, on the users profile picture?

#item-buttons > div.generic-button.poke-button/send-private-message > a – or any button on the members profile picture.

Especially the #item-buttons > div.generic-button.poke-button > a and
    the #compliments-button-24. (The compliments-button uses the primary button settings with text)

1. I’m not using the friends button!
    2. The poke text – I have changed into (send a smile). Using the Loco plugin!
    3. Is it possible to replace the poke button with the friends button – Heart and replace the compliments-button with the success button, with a tooltip
    instead of text?
    4. By the way, what is the success button and how to activate it?
    3. I have already tried styling the buttons with dashicon + css. Didn’t work.

It would be a great help. If I could have these buttons replaced and have these features on my main website.

The Picture is from my testing server!

Best regards Carsten.

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @privatedanish,

Unfortunately, there is no option available in the theme that will allow you to easily change these buttons. I believe you will need some custom development work to achieve that.

Here are some recommendations if you want to order some custom development:

For one, we recommend you try to reach MeshPros and request a customization quote:
    https://meshpros.com/customizations/

These guys are the author of Match me for BuddyPress, a plugin that recommended to provide the matchmaking feature to your website. You might be already using it. They’ve quite a lot of experience with WordPress and BuddyPress development and might be better suited to help you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best,

Carsten
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish

Hi Jason.

Thanks for the information. But I really want to do this by myself. I just need a few tips or something to work with. Because it’s only way, you learn and understand, how things work. 🙂

Pic1: = Change the icons.
    Pic3: = Like you can, with the class=”icon-wrapper”.

Regarding the success button. How does it work and how to activate it?
    And does your theme work with the Youzer plugin?

Best regards Carsten.

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @privatedanish,

If you want to change the buttons icons, you need to be experienced in writing CSS code. The icons on these buttons are defined on a ::before element on each button link. They are unfortunately not defined via a simple class like the homepage icons you mentioned in your “button-3” screenshot. For example, this is the CSS selector for the “message” button icon: #buddypress:not(.youzer) div.action a.send-message:before. That means if you want to change that icon, you will need to write some CSS code for that selector.

Regarding the success button, unfortunately I am not sure I understand which button you mean. Can you please tell me more about that button, and maybe provide a screenshot to show me the button ?

Finally, the Youzer plugin is fully compatible with Gwangi. And you decide to use it, please note that the Youzer style will be applied to your members pages, so maybe you will not need to change your icons if you decide to use Youzer.

Best regards,

Carsten
    Participant
    • 8 Topics
    • 39 Posts
    @privatedanish

Hi Jason.

Thanks for the help. I managed to change the poke icon! 🙂

———————————————————————-
    #buddypress:not(.youzer) div.action a.poke-user-button:before {
    content: “\2764” !important;
    color: #EF5B85 !important;
    position: relative !important;
    top: 2px !important;
    font-size: 0px !important;
    font-weight: 900 !important;
    }
    ———————————————————————–
    Finding a good icon, was a little difficult. That actually worked in the content: – and I can’t change the font-size. So I use the font-weight: – instead.
    I have skipped the compliments plugin/icon. To many bugs!

See the picture, regarding the success button.

I haven’t tried the Youzer plugin yet. But I think I’ll try it, on my testing server first.

Thanks again. 🙂

Best regards Carsten.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome @privatedanish! I’m glad to read that @themoceratops has been able to help you. ?

Cheers,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How can I change the item-buttons, on the users profile picture?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site