Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How to change the wording on the "all post tags" tag filter on the posts page.

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Gwangi – PRO Multi-Purpose Membership, Social Network & BuddyPress Community Theme Website Setup Posts How to change the wording on the "all post tags" tag filter on the posts page.

This topic is resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @silverharecreative

Hi there,

I have set my posts page to filter using tags, but I want to change the “all posts tags” to “all functions”, as users will not know what ‘post tags’ are – the wording is confusing as my post page is being used to as a list of upcoming functions.

See in the uploaded image, the bit circled red.

Thanks!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @silverharecreative,

Thank you for purchasing our theme! ?

Unfortunately, I cannot see your attached image. Can you make sure it has been uploaded?

Thank you.

Jessica Wright
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @silverharecreative

Hi Olivier,

I tried again to upload the picture, and have tried again here. Can you perhaps go to the url to see the filter I am talking about?:
    https://classydating.co.za/blog-2/

Just to remind you: I want to change “All post tags” to “All functions”

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @silverharecreative,

OK. Thank you very much for sharing this with me. It’s much clearer. ?
    I would suggest that we change this without adding any code and without editing the templates. Translating your theme in your own language should do the trick, even if it is obviously not what is traditionally done.

First, please go your WP settings to check in what is the language currently selected for your website. For instance, if you see “English (United States”, it means that your language name is actually “en_US”. Then, you can generate the translation files for your theme for “en_US” using the given “gwangi.pot” that you will find under wp-content/themes/languages. Finally, simple search for “All post tags” with Poedit (recommended), use it to translate the strings to “All functions” and make sure to save your translation files before exiting Poedit.

It should solve your issue. (Please see attached.)

If you wish to know more about theme translations, please read the following post:

Translating Your Theme

Kind regards,

Jessica Wright
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @silverharecreative

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for this! I followed the instructions and translated the problematic wording as directed in my FTP folder (see attached images; MY Poedit files are saved in the FTP folder, and you can see the translation in my Poedit file), but the changes do not reflect on the site… I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

Please help!

Thanks!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @silverharecreative

OK, no worries. Let’s find out why it doesn’t work!

Can rename both files gwangi-en_GB.mo and gwangi-en_GB.po please? Once you have renamed them, can you make sure to place them in the wp-content/languages/themes directory of your site please? This will also ensure that the files will not be lost during a future update.

Also, can you share a screenshot of your admin language settings page please ?

Thank you.

Jessica Wright
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @silverharecreative

Hi Olivier,

Done and done:) Please see screengrabs of where I have saved the translation files in the FTP folder and the language settings on my site.

It’s still showing “All post tags” unfortunately:(

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @silverharecreative,

Thank you for sending me your files. Actually, everything must be correct with those as they work fine with my Gwangi demo. (Please see attached.)

Can you make sure to place them in the wp-content/languages/themes directory of your site please? From your previous replies, it seems like your files are still located in the languages directory of your theme. They should be in the theme languages directory of your website, where you will also find the translation for other themes. (Please see also attached.)
    Furthermore, this important to ensure that the files will not be lost during a future update.

I hope this will help you. ?

Cheers,

Jessica Wright
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @silverharecreative

Hi Olivier,

Yay, it worked! You were right; I had the files saved in wp/content>theme>Gwangi>languages but not in wp/content>languages. Once I did this it worked!

Thanks so much for your patience and help!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome @silverharecreative! Glad to read that we’ve been able to solve this.

Cheers,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to change the wording on the "all post tags" tag filter on the posts page.’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site