Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How to change widgets windows width?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

Hi guys how you doing? I’ll go straight to the point. I would like to change the width of the theme widgets’ windows to match them with the Youzer ones. I’ll attach a screenshot for you to know what I mean. As you can see by default the 2 values are different. The youzer windows are larger than the theme ones. How can I make them look like the Youzer ones?
    Regards <3

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture, 🙂

Thank you very much for splitting your questions into various topics! You’re making a great contribution to our community, and you’re also helping us to keep our forums tidy!

Could you share the URL to your website with us please? You can post it in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Thank you.

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you @seatsfordeparture. Can you tell me on which page can I see this ?

Thank you.

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

I thought you were gonna see it yourself.
    Anyway you can compare the two widgets windows from this page:
    https://seatsfordeparture.com/bacheca/
    to this one:
    https://seatsfordeparture.com/live/

Look at the right sidebar.
    The widgets in the two pages are clearly different.
    The ones in https://seatsfordeparture.com/bacheca/ are larger than the ones in the other page and i want ALL widgets to be this side.
    Can you help me please? How can I make the other widgets large exactly the same?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture, 🙂

To change this, simply add the following code snippet to your website:

/**
    * Adapt the sidebar width
    */
    @media (min-width: 992px) {
    	.col-lg-9, .site-content.region--9-3-cols-left .region__col--2, .site-content.region--3-9-cols-left .region__col--2{
    	    flex: 0 0 70%;
    	    max-width: 70%;
    	}
    	.col-lg-3, .site-content.region--9-3-cols-left .region__col--3, .site-content.region--3-9-cols-left .region__col--1{
    	    flex: 0 0 30%;
    	    max-width: 30;
    	}
    }

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you paste it to the Custom CSS panel of your WordPress Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS”.
    Pasting your code snippet there should do the trick for you.

Also, it’s important to remember that we share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you require customization work.

Regards,

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

Hi. I’ve just tried the snippet you sent me but it doensn’t really work…
    It just moves the widget windows a bit on the left and that’s it. But it doensn’t actually increase the width size of them…
    Any ideas?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture,

Here is an updated code snippet:

@media screen and (min-width: 992px) {
    	.site-content.region--9-3-cols-left #primary {
    		flex: 0 0 70%;
    		max-width: 70%;
    	}
    	.site-content.region--9-3-cols-left #secondary-right {
    		flex: 0 0 30%;
    		max-width: 30%;
    	}
    }

Regards,

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

Thank you very much. It works! 🙂
    I hope you put this feature in the customize panel by default. That would be nice (for the left sidebar as well).
    <3

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture,

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

We will discussing about it and we’ll be back to you as soon as this feature is implemented. 🙂

Best,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture,

We have just released a new update of Grimlock for BuddyPress. Updating this plugin to the latest version should fix this issue.

After the update, the problem should now be fixed. However, you might still be seeing the issue because your browser cache is showing you an older version of the page (browsers do that to load pages faster). To see that the issue is resolved you will need to empty your browser cache and reload the page. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you:
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cache-2617980

Kindest regards,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to change widgets windows width?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site